Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AMERICAN BULLY x APBT = MUTT OR NOT??

i honestly dont know .that is why im asking all of u guyz ..
POSITIVE NEGATIVE OPINIONS ACCEPTED :)

·
JR MEMBER
72 Posts
That's a tough questions,but I'd say mutt. They are two different breeds and when you mix two breeds together you get Mutts. Than again it depends on what you breed for or what your goal is.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Because the American Bully is now it's own established breed then an Am Bully x APBT would be a mutt. I do not agree with mixing the two regardless of what was done in the past. Now many Bullies are registered with the UKC as APBTs so I wouldn't count those, but mixing game lines today with bully lines yes that would be a mutt, in my opinion.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
I THINK IT CAN GO BOTH WAYS GOOD OR BAD....
THATS JUST WAT I THINK..HEY BUT THAT WOULD BE COOL
TO TRY IT..
I think enough mixing and experimenting has taken place. Lets breed the bullies with the bullies and the pits with the pits.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think enough mixing and experimenting has taken place. Lets breed the bullies with the bullies and the pits with the pits.
i agree to this..but i have seen Bullies x To APBT Bitches.. they look like Pocket APBT's but the thing about it is i dont know if the temperament of the dog is ok..

·
Registered
76 Posts
Because the American Bully is now it's own established breed then an Am Bully x APBT would be a mutt. I do not agree with mixing the two regardless of what was done in the past. Now many Bullies are registered with the UKC as APBTs so I wouldn't count those, but mixing game lines today with bully lines yes that would be a mutt, in my opinion.
GREAT INPUT..:)

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
The APBT does not have classes like the American Bully and I highly doubt they ever will. That's a good thing though.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Bandogges date back to 1200-1300's developing in England. They were usually Mastiff type dogs and chained to guard and protect the house and family at night.

Old Bandogs were strictly working dogs of various crosses and sizes. They were hunters, fighters, property protectors and didn't really have a set type. They originated from Eastern Shepherds and Mastiffs and crossed with Bullenbeissers and hounds. The Bullmastiff actually was established from a Bandog "program."

Foundation breeding

What is reported here is just an estimated expected average range of various foundations breeds commonly seen in various Bandog programs.

The Primary Group , approximate average of 25-75% from American Pit Bull Terrier and/or Bull Terrier.

The Secondary Group ,approximate average of 25-75% from English Mastiff and/or Neapolitan Mastiff.

A Tertiary Group (used in some programs) approximate average of 0-75%: American Bulldog, Boerboel, Bullmastiff, Bulldog Campeiro, Cane Corso, Dogue de Bordeaux, Fila Brasileiro, Great Dane, Perro de Presa Canario,Dogo Argentino, and/or the Tosa Inu.

·
Bully Enemy #1
157 Posts
Breeding an American Bully to an APBT is just like breeding an AmStaff to an APBT.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts