Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been to, seen, heard of this website?

http://www.pitbullregistry.com/index.html

They are asking for money to "register" your pit, not to mention, if you go to the colors page, they claim: "The Merle Pit Bull is the rarest and the demand for this variety is rising quickly. At the American Pit Bull Registry we are lucky to have many Merle Pits registered and are able to provide several pictures of Pit Bulls with Merle genetics. "

Many of them also have blue eyes.

Now I thought that these were serious faults and indicators of having been cross bred. And yet they claim to have registered merle pits?

On that note, several months ago, I was taking Loki to PetSmart to get his puppy shots and a woman had this obvious mutt, but he was all over blue merle w/ one blue eye and get this, a curly tail- think husky curly, and semi- long furred (the tail, not the whole dog). Someone asked her what kind of dog he was and she claimed he was a pure Amstaff. I mean, who do they think they are fooling?

Now I have no problem with someone who wants a mixed breed, but let's not pretend our dogs are something they are not.

·
The M.F. Problem
4,878 Posts
APBR is kinda funny. You can register but it's worthless, makes back yard breeding a little easier. That sucks, but at the same time the site is a nteworking tool(not just for byb). They have organizations in place to rehome and/or foster pits. There's some useful info for the novice but there's also useless crap. All in all, I wouldn't recommend that site to anyone who is trying to learn something factual!

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Yeah, they're pretty grody. I visit their classifieds every now and then for a laugh, or if I need a reason to get pissed off. :roll:

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
They make it easier for BYB to peddle pups to buys who don't know any better and get APBR "papers" on the puppies. They register just by photo and are a huge joke. It is the same as me sending you papers saying your dogs is pure when I have no idea lol..

·
The M.F. Problem
4,878 Posts
Hmm, Joe... This looks like a pit Bull but I don't really know.

Well did they send the money?

Yeah...

Well then it's pure bred, send the papers quickly, before they figure us out!!!

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
:rofl: That about covers it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
:cheers: All of you are SO right about them. I once called an add in a paper locally to see about this guys pups. They told me APBR and I asked if they were registered with anything else and he was like, "well, we were gonna AKC them but I dont really know how to." That was just a big red flag to me for BYB. Then he went on to tell me that he is real good friends with the creator of APBR in Antioch and how much stuff they do. You could probably register a cocker spaniel with them as pure bred APBT. There are also no differences in AmStaff or anything else with them. Its just a way for some little group of people to make some money and like mentioned before, to make it easier for BYBs to sales pitch potential buyers who aren't really educated about the breed.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Kinda comes down to the difference between "papered" and actually pedigreed.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Personally I give it about as much credibility as the CKC, they allow APBTs with blue eyes and merle patterns and the ADBA and UKC will NOT accept their paperwork to dual register.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Registry question

I've heard of the AKC, CKC, UKC, ADBA, etc...I know which ones of those are considered reputable. Has anyone else heard of the American Pitbull Registry (APBR)? Are they "reputable"?:confused:

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
If it's the registry I'm thinking of, then no, they're not reputable and run as fast as you can away from them!! A little help here from the folks with more knowledge of the registries...

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
No. No they are not... Not at all... You can register with pictures lol.. Nothing to do with purebred dogs.

·
Registered
193 Posts
i was wondering this as well. did not plan on using it but have seen some people around here with thier pits in this registry.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pretty sure you could send a picture of a Schnauzer, pay the fee and end up with "papers" for an APBT. Bad, very bad!

1 - 20 of 87 Posts