Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My American pitbull terrier is 1. His name is drizzy.. I juss got him about a week ago.. we go for jogs, and alot of sprints along trails where he has to jump and go under trees and run up some small hills, and through sand.. we also play tug a war.. when I got him they were giving him crap with grain..i switched him to wellness core recently.. it's only been a week but I see sum difference in muscle.. we hit the trails 3 times a day for about half hr each.. I don't think he was gettin anywhere near that before.. Any other tips??

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
Keeping him active, and giving him a variety of exercises is important. We do weight pull, but we have a special freight/weight pull harness made especially for the sport. (weightpullharness.com for the best!)

We also use a flirt pole and a spring pole, and lots of swimming.

·
Super Moderator
5,299 Posts
Welcome to the forum Drizzy876. Just remember not to train too heavy until the dog is at least 2 years old. He's still growing. Do you have any pictures of Drizzy you could share?

Joe

·
Registered
24 Posts
when it comes to dogs and muscle size (same for us humans) genetics play a huge roll, that being said if your dog wasn't receiving proper nutrition & exercise there's a lot of room for improvement. My pit is naturally built muscular and bulky, her brothers are a lot bigger then her and absolutely shredded at 7mon with little exercise! I feed a quality high protein food incorporating glutamine for digestion and what made the craziest difference for her was a SPRING POLE! She loves it and has put on some serious mass

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The first picture is when I got him about a week ago today.. they did all they could with him but he needs 1 on 1.. he wasn gettin that.. he wud go out to run around a couple times a day and that was it.. and like I said.. horrible dog food.. the sprints, and sprints up and down hills seem to be helping alot.. I'm gonna incorporate swimming.. and a flirt like once I make one.. I juss use a rope now manually and let him try to jump and get it.. occasionally letting him get it and engaging in tug a war. Thanks yall..and he gets out about a hour and a half to 2 hrs everyday.. split in 3 though. Hard work out in the morning and afternoon and a light jog at night .. also I give him kibble and raw eggs.. with juss a lil mushed up greens and fruits. Very little

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts