Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have a dog that is heavy Patricks red baby good amount of amstaff(tacoma). Dogs down from bodzianowski's flash bred to amstaffs(tacoma). Kingfish part amstaff(tacoma). Fox's Alvin the dog was half ruffian amstaff. And Carver has been reported as having used selected amstaffs in some of his breedings though not documented. There are probaly more that I do not know of. And not all amstaffs are bred for show. There are still so bred for the original purpose.Or at least to exhibit the original traits.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Very true. This is what Randy Fox says about Alvin:
My alvin dog had one quarter amstaff blood the other three fourths was pretty good stuff. Alvin produced lots of winners that whipped lots of popular bloodlines of his era. Most of his but not all of his pups were game. Probably around a ninety percent showing of gameness which is unheard of today.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts

Alvin and Randy Fox

Randy Fox, Alvin, and his daughter

Bonnie off of Alvin and a cur dog

Randy also says:
Alvin was so popular that people from several countries flew to American and came to my home and tried to buy him and or his offsprings. I, not like many so called top dogmen. Refused to sell anything to anyone from another country. I have my policies and that was one of them. Laugh at me if you like. That is just me and my standards...Earl Tudor who was at pitside said Alvin was the best dog he had seen in 40 years and Danny Burton's dog was a good second. Cecil Pond who is a fine man refereed that fight. He said the same thing about Alvin that Earl Tudor said but added he had only seen one other fight that had pitdogs of that quality and he saw lots of fights.

Fox's Sissy off of Alvin and Bess

This is purely historical information. Randy Fox no longer fights dogs.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
This is purely historical information. Randy Fox no longer fights dogs.
Yeh, he makes that abundantly clear on his website.:rofl:

I don't know how many breeders these days would be breeding game amstaffs on purpose but I have no doubt they exist. Not every APBT is game and not every Amstaff is just a show pony.

Reactions: pitbullmamanatl

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Yeh, he makes that abundantly clear on his website.:rofl:

I don't know how many breeders these days would be breeding game amstaffs on purpose but I have no doubt they exist. Not every APBT is game and not every Amstaff is just a show pony.
lol I probably would too after Boudreaux.
:goodpost::goodpost:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gamedogs are where you find them. if there was a half amstaff dog that showed good in tests i would give him a shot if it were legal to do so. there are still some amstaff breeders that dont breed show dogs. one such person is harold card. He breeds some of the purist tacoma dogs out there. but he dosent participate in shows. reason 1 his dogs are of the original temperment. reason 2 he very seldom whelps a show worth specimen. Due to the fact that he dosent breed for looks. If I could i would get a few off of him.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Tacoma was from Corviono/Colby, Colby/Dibo... etc.. APBTs so technically the orignal AM Staff came from APBTs and Tacoma bred back into APBTs only gives APBTs a good washout of blood bred different for APBTs and adds sound temperment and better performance to the AmStaff when APBT is crossed over.. WHY because the Amstaff comes from APBTs Colby, Nebbletts, Corvino, Heinzl, Lightner... ALL THE AKC stock started from these fellas pretty much with other included of course but essentially it was from the pit stock of a few fellas, and the only reason the name is AmStaff is Politics.. and money invested ... aka PRIDE. AKC doesnt breed performance AST like ADBA does APBTs now does it? SO NO... AMSTAFF lines are NOT present in game lines because TACOMA was a PIT BULL registered by any other name ;)

This amstaff http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=15183 is a far cry from whats being pushed as AST today..

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Tacoma was from Corviono/Colby, Colby/Dibo... etc.. APBTs so technically the orignal AM Staff came from APBTs and Tacoma bred back into APBTs only gives APBTs a good washout of blood bred different for APBTs and adds sound temperment and better performance to the AmStaff when APBT is crossed over.. WHY because the Amstaff comes from APBTs Colby, Nebbletts, Corvino, Heinzl, Lightner... ALL THE AKC stock started from these fellas pretty much with other included of course but essentially it was from the pit stock of a few fellas, and the only reason the name is AmStaff is Politics.. and money invested ... aka PRIDE. AKC doesnt breed performance AST like ADBA does APBTs now does it? SO NO... AMSTAFF lines are NOT present in game lines because TACOMA was a PIT BULL registered by any other name ;)
Tell it bro :goodpost:

·
Registered
6,167 Posts

This amstaff ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [15183] :: RUFFIAN OUR TEENIE is a far cry from whats being pushed as AST today..
:goodpost:I learn so much from your posts Stan.Please don't ever quit this forum!;)

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [104063] :: AGATA' BLOODY MARY

^^ Look at all the game APBTs in this AKC ped! LOL I would like to see HOW MUCH MORE APBT they ARE tobad it says UNKNOWN all over the place, good clue those are ADBA or UKC game strains; that would take away from the AST prestige..

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi i have just joined. interesting reading your comments about the amstaff being game.

correct me if im wrong but the amstaff has been bred for over 80 years for conformation standards. not for the pit.

bred only for looks ie size colour not for game as dog men breed for in their lines.

maybe a chance the amstaff may have game, not denying it.
you would have to gametest the amstaff.

remember it was not bred for the pit

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts
remember it was not bred for the pit
Tis true tis true, however it WAS bred FROM the "Pit" if you will allow me the term. I don't know anyone personally doing this but why would it be hard to conceive. If you can take a working dog to show standards, why cant you take the show standard and bring the working dog back out. All it would take is some consistent breeding and some testing? I mean, this is how things get done. Its how breeds emerge and get "perfected".......or perverted!

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Andy I agree you could take show stock to working stock and overtime through culling, and game testing produce game dogs. But what would be the point? The Amstaff is now a show dog. And IMO they need to stay show dogs. If (hypothetically) speaking you were breeding for the box today would you want to use show dogs in your breeding program? No you would go with proven working stock. Who cares if you have staff's out there that can still perform they were taken in a different direction and I guess what I am trying to say is people should accept that ( Not you Andy) Just saying I don't think any legit dog man today would be using show staffs for the box because they are not bred for that. They would use the working dogs bred from the same game lines that have been used for years.

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts
Hey Im with you, I have no idea why anyone would want to do that??? Just saying its more than possible. My thoughts are, if you want a working dog why not just start with that. Get an APBT and not am AMSTAFF. I wouldn't do it and I don't know anyone doing it. Just seems like alot of headache and hassle to get something that already exist.....

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
I agree 1000% it can be done but why would anyone want to. It doesn't make sense. But I guess people will try anything to prove a point. LOL I hear people saying well not all amstaff's lack gameness and working ability. But when I hear that I ask myself why does it matter anyway? The show dog was taken in a different direction so the idea was to breed away those traits more specifically gameness. And without testing for it either way you can only speculate. I am with you on everything your saying I guess I am just pointing out that the staff is a show dog so people shouldn't worry about them being game they are no longer bred for that purpose. If you want a working dog get a working dog from working stock like you already said.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Yes it would be ill advised to start out with an Amstaff and try to get it back to being a box dog in this day and age. However, I'm sure it's been done (at least attempted) just to prove a point and I don't mean just the early Amstaffs that were still tested and matched. People do all sorts of stupid things to prove themselves right.

I don't think anyone's suggesting that all Amstaffs are as game as any purpose bred APBT but as I said in my first post, not every APBT is game and not every Amstaff is just a show pony.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
this thread isnt about amstaffs being game per se. its about amstaffs in some notable gamedogs peds. most occured in the 70's andd 80's. and if what ive heard about carver is true there may be hell of a lot more out there.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
So are we actually discussing anything or did you answer your own question in your first post?

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts

This amstaff ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [15183] :: RUFFIAN OUR TEENIE is a far cry from whats being pushed as AST today..
:goodpost: I was just about to say the same thing. I see it all the time where someone is looking at peds then they find Amstaff and say that dog is a pitterstaff. Well if you go back far enough in the peds you will find AST in many of them since back then those dogs were the foundation stock of the AST we know today. I HATE when someone looks a ped and calls a APBT mixed because back in the 10 generation they see AST that was one of the foundation dogs. It shows ignorance on their part yet I see it all the time on forums. :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts