Go Pitbull Forums banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
If you are looking at Castillo dogs, you can go onto the forum and ask questions and see picts of dogs out of that line:
Castillo American Pit Bull Terriers

her dogs are not small , they are standard sized. it is sad when so many are breeding for size and way out of standard that people see a correct dog and think it is small. JMO

I've never heard of that yipyip breeder.

I agree Victorino's Kennel has some nice dogs.

Good luck in your search. A lot will come down to what you desire in the dog, your preferences and your future goals for that pup.
I said they are small because he is looking for a large dog. They are small for what he wants. I know they are standard size since I have some of them ;)

·
Banned
307 Posts
Besides the lack of titling, the dogs on that site(anchorchain) are conformation wrecks. Check it out!

I also have to say that the caragan dogs are very nice, to the standard in size and would be a good choice, but I would never pay that much money(1,600) for a pup, when you don't know how it will turn out. I once paid 2,000 for a dog but he had a SchH2 title, OFA good hips, and linebred Gallant pedigree. Now that was a good deal. :')

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Bethb2007, I know what you mean about $1,600 for a pup and who knows what it will turn out to be. In doing my searching for a pup I can not believe how much people are charging for some of their dogs. I seen one that was 5,000 for a breeding! That is rediculous.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Besides the lack of titling, the dogs on that site(anchorchain) are conformation wrecks. Check it out!

I also have to say that the caragan dogs are very nice, to the standard in size and would be a good choice, but I would never pay that much money(1,600) for a pup, when you don't know how it will turn out. I once paid 2,000 for a dog but he had a SchH2 title, OFA good hips, and linebred Gallant pedigree. Now that was a good deal. :')
I pay for bloodline and type....when I have paid $2500+ shipping (actually a car rental plus gas from CT to West Virginia since I dont like to put pups on planes)) it was because I know the type and temperament of a certain bloodline will be there and if not the breeder will replace the pup if need be. I would not pay that much for a pet but for a show prospect...you get what you pay for.

·
Banned
307 Posts
Actually, you can buy a well bred show dog out of dual registered parents, OFA'd hips, champion with titles, reputable breeder and fully guaranteed for under $1000.00.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Could be game bred.IDK though,everytime I clicked on the link to see their pedigree it said there was a error in the page.But that may just be my computer doing it.They are some gorgeous dogs though.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
anchor chain kennels has changed hands........ The breeding program will not be the same man that orginiated the line..

Victorino Red Ace their main stud.. ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [140311] :: 'PR' VICTORINO REBEL'S RED ACE Which is PR heavy OFRN bred dog.. High end dogs but not game stock at least not the majority as they are Show staff and OFRN to get the tufftown

Victorino http://www.victorinoskennel.com/are working Am Staffs and APBTs and they are intertwined as ONE ;) NOT PITTERSTAFFS what newfangled word is this?? AMstaffs come from APBTs.. LOL This guy is just doing it right as it gets without the []. Gotta give em props for that.. Hes got all the working lines tossed together.. camelot, tnt, many I wouldnt have but are GREAT workers none the less.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
:) quite a lot, and nothing at all.. . working dogs are just high end dogs bred to work.. game dogs have proven parents, grandparents or great grand parents or a string of proven gr gr grandparents, so that means they are proven sound as sound is a dire attribute to game dogs.. The best mentality cannot be offered unless its proven in these dogs ... Read Stratton, heres a quote from the book: The Truth About the American Pit Bull Terrier..
"It has become an extremely widespread misconeption that dogfighting created people-mean dogs; however, the fact that the dogs' natrues were absolutely sound in an era in which all of them were of apit strains soundly refutes that idea."pg212
in short game dogs are proven working dogs.. working dogs proven sound, proven game.. which is where true working bulldogs come from and all APBTs have to revert back to if not bred for or sound mentality will be lost.. ;)

so as a pet, your game dog can be trusted as it is proven, however when it comes to prey drive on animals, heheheh thus' colby's comment.. " I call them bulldogs, cause thats what they are." Just true grit bulldogs.. They are the nanny dog, the dog in lil rascals of the 1940s that we all loved. Game dogs are proven sound.. to beg the question.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I love the Victorinos dogs, but they don't plan on any breedings anytime soon. I have spoken with them a couple of times and it doesn't look like there is going to be a litter this year, possibly next year. The last litter they had was 2009 if memory serves. I was really hoping they would have some pups this year as I am actively searching for another one.

·
Registered
239 Posts
i know im a lil late but i think anchor chain kennels is the bees knees i just got a pup off them-shes a hersheys kiss puppy

her name is burn i am going to take her into protection training and weight pull-shes a cuddler and a very well put together dog-shes 5 months and 38 pounds
these pics are 2 days old-Castillo you cant go wrong i like anchor chain and in love with Castillo now

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
i know im a lil late but i think anchor chain kennels is the bees knees i just got a pup off them-shes a hersheys kiss puppy

her name is burn i am going to take her into protection training and weight pull-shes a cuddler and a very well put together dog-shes 5 months and 38 pounds
these pics are 2 days old-Castillo you cant go wrong i like anchor chain and in love with Castillo now
Is she a pup from the Blaze x Ginger breeding back in Nov.? Very nice looking pup, I was interested in one of those pups too, but the one I wanted was already taken.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Is she a pup from the Blaze x Ginger breeding back in Nov.? Very nice looking pup, I was interested in one of those pups too, but the one I wanted was already taken.
actually shes a heavy inbred one from scratch and mia if i remember rite 2 time scratch and 3 time action pup-very hush hush litter and only 2 were sold off-i got her on a breed contract and have the option to buy out the contract at any time but i picked her up for 350 papers and all-she was the only chocolate outta the litter she came out the most correct female imo the others look very bully for some reason

·
Registered
1 Posts
HardHitting Kennels.... ewwwweeeeeee... they had the FIRE! So much they disapeared into Japan and the phillipines, have not ever been able to get a dog from their direct stock of PURE JOCKO DOGS AT 25+lbs, I have never seen more pure JOCKO w/ out the redboy...
There is a private kennel in Bville Oklahoma that has the purest strain of Barney's Going Light in the country; Scott don't sell anydog less than 2000, he had every ped signed by Stratton! Very COOL his dogs are only 25+lbs(getting one soon through an old barter) both kennels Hardhitting and "scott" have gamey little dogs under 38lbs that have the pinkest of noses..
Hey there I'm really interested in a lightner strain in Oklahoma is there anyway I can view the dogs on line or contact this breeder I have a male from ironline kennels norrad/reddevil/corvino he's 13 now and another male from anchorchain out of scratch/Mia but I would really love direct stock of jocko and or going light Barney if you have any info how I would go about getting one that would be great I'm pretty limited here in Canada to many haters lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Don't listen to this digbat. I just checked out Victorino's website and the Castillo-Greco dogs from Anchorchain or California Pits are waay nicer. They descend from the OFRN lines through Hemphill and Wallace foundations. Breeders like RDC (Real Deal Chocolates) have Greco/Castillo dogs and they are PROVEN work and sporting dogs, with tons of drive. They excel in hog catching, weight pull, treadmill, lure coursing, protection work and pretty much anything else you want them to do. The famous 'Boogieman' [the most titled grand champion] Pitbull comes from Greco-Castillo. Some are on the larger size, but mostly in the 65-80lb range. Good dogs!

21 - 40 of 46 Posts