Go Pitbull Forums banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well then look for a bully or one of those so-called XL Pits, cuz the standard for the APBT calls for dogs to be in the 35lb to 65lb range (give or take 10lbs...max). If you're looking for a "pitbull" in the 100lb range, than its not a TRUE APBT

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yup. Both my dogs have Greco blood in their peds. My boy Lemmy is 9 years old and 50 lbs at a healthy but not conditioned weight. My 16 week pup Ruby is from RDC and as such also has that Greco blood. Lemmy's dam amd Ruby's dam are full sisters. Ruby is off their dogs Naza and Frisco. Lemmy is off of Eenie......you can see her under their retired. Poor thing died in a hunting accident. Nasty gators! Here are my 2 pups

·
Registered
14 Posts
Beautiful dogs TerpGal. Thanks for sharing the pic.

Joe
Thank you! They are great dogs. The pup is def giving us a run for our money. Very mischievous little girl. We are excited to get working on her training. Lemmu's needs a little fine tuning.......he (and we) got a little lazy and spoiled him a bit for the last year while he was the only dog.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anchor chain dogs are Castillo bloodlines from the Hempill/Wallace foundations. They are drivey dogs, good for weight pull, catch work and personal protection. They are large because if you line breed long enough your dogs will get bigger or in some cases smaller over time. Not to mention the Hemphill/Wallace red nose dogs ran on the larger size to begin with---60-75lbs (i.e see Centipede). The old OFRN dogs themselves were bigger than your average game dog. They are APBT's none-the-less. Down in Florida they outcross these dogs to Boogieman, Sarona, Larsen/Wilrox or Norrod blood and these dogs are killing it in the hog hunting arena. Finished catch dogs!

41 - 46 of 46 Posts