Go Pitbull Forums banner

Anchor Chain Kennels and yipyip dog

21K views 45 replies 21 participants last post by  Chris76 
#1 ·
I am looking for a pup and I have come across alot of good looking dogs, but I came across these two just a little while ago. Any input on Anchor Chain Kennels or yipyipdog.com. Anchor Chain seems to have the better put together dogs, but like I said any input on these?

#2 · (Edited)
yipyipdog.com looks like a puppy peddler and has dogs from muggelstone. Don't even go near there, lots of health issues and they advertise the dogs as APBT's and clearly they are not.

Ancho chain is breeding lots of castillo dogs and that is some good blood. That is more of what I was going to suggest to you.

Cheryl just bred Rece to Lincon this may not be big enough but check out her breedings
http://caragankennel.com/for_sale.html

#6 · (Edited)
I don't care for either. YIPDOG...no way! Those Anchorchain dogs are over-sized, have bad fronts, and loose sloppy faces. That castillos stuff that they have, is not that impressive either(overdone showlines, but lacking the conformation of a showline). Plus no health test or titles. look somewhere else. Plus they offer 5 litters in two months, that reeks of a puppy mill.

Try Victorinos Kennel. They have good size red noses, with good structure, with titles and healthtests to boot. Plus they love the breed.

#11 ·
haha i've already got a handful on my hands i dont know what i would do with 2 of em LOL plus im about to be working 7 days a week so i wont have the time for puppy training anymore.

#12 · (Edited)
Reactions: Firehazard
#13 · (Edited)
HardHitting Kennels.... ewwwweeeeeee... they had the FIRE! So much they disapeared into Japan and the phillipines, have not ever been able to get a dog from their direct stock of PURE JOCKO DOGS AT 25+lbs, I have never seen more pure JOCKO w/ out the redboy...
There is a private kennel in Bville Oklahoma that has the purest strain of Barney's Going Light in the country; Scott don't sell anydog less than 2000, he had every ped signed by Stratton! Very COOL his dogs are only 25+lbs(getting one soon through an old barter) both kennels Hardhitting and "scott" have gamey little dogs under 38lbs that have the pinkest of noses..

#39 ·
Hey there I'm really interested in a lightner strain in Oklahoma is there anyway I can view the dogs on line or contact this breeder I have a male from ironline kennels norrad/reddevil/corvino he's 13 now and another male from anchorchain out of scratch/Mia but I would really love direct stock of jocko and or going light Barney if you have any info how I would go about getting one that would be great I'm pretty limited here in Canada to many haters lol

#14 ·
Sampsons Dad you were noy being rude, just helpful. I am not looking for a ceazy huge dog I just don't care for the really skinny ones and I might be high on the weight side of things. I have come across that weigh 60-70lbs and they look well put together. Thanks though.

#16 ·
If you are looking at Castillo dogs, you can go onto the forum and ask questions and see picts of dogs out of that line:
Castillo American Pit Bull Terriers

Caragan is on my list of breeders along with some others. They have some really nice looking dogs, but yeah I think a bit small.
her dogs are not small , they are standard sized. it is sad when so many are breeding for size and way out of standard that people see a correct dog and think it is small. JMO

I've never heard of that yipyip breeder.

I agree Victorino's Kennel has some nice dogs.

Good luck in your search. A lot will come down to what you desire in the dog, your preferences and your future goals for that pup.

#21 ·
If you are looking at Castillo dogs, you can go onto the forum and ask questions and see picts of dogs out of that line:
Castillo American Pit Bull Terriers

her dogs are not small , they are standard sized. it is sad when so many are breeding for size and way out of standard that people see a correct dog and think it is small. JMO

I've never heard of that yipyip breeder.

I agree Victorino's Kennel has some nice dogs.

Good luck in your search. A lot will come down to what you desire in the dog, your preferences and your future goals for that pup.
I said they are small because he is looking for a large dog. They are small for what he wants. I know they are standard size since I have some of them ;)

#17 · (Edited)
I personally would not put down money to buy from any breeder who does not do a minimum title and health test on every litter. I'm not sure how many breeders in this thread qualify, but I think of all the ones mentioned, I'd go with Victorino. One question to the OP: have you ever had the experience of handling a drivey 40-pounder? Sometimes its better that they're small. You know what they say about dynamite after all. ;)

#18 ·
Have you found Anchor chain kennels yet? suprised you just didn't google it... I'll put it up, just let you know his dogs aren't cheap, and he's not fond of BS'ers...anchor chain kennels

#20 ·
The shame part about Anchor Chain is that he said years ago that the health testing was pending on his dogs, and it doesn't look like he ever followed through. He doesn't title either if memory serves. (Been a while since I was on his site.)

#22 ·
Besides the lack of titling, the dogs on that site(anchorchain) are conformation wrecks. Check it out!

I also have to say that the caragan dogs are very nice, to the standard in size and would be a good choice, but I would never pay that much money(1,600) for a pup, when you don't know how it will turn out. I once paid 2,000 for a dog but he had a SchH2 title, OFA good hips, and linebred Gallant pedigree. Now that was a good deal. :')

#24 ·
Besides the lack of titling, the dogs on that site(anchorchain) are conformation wrecks. Check it out!

I also have to say that the caragan dogs are very nice, to the standard in size and would be a good choice, but I would never pay that much money(1,600) for a pup, when you don't know how it will turn out. I once paid 2,000 for a dog but he had a SchH2 title, OFA good hips, and linebred Gallant pedigree. Now that was a good deal. :')
I pay for bloodline and type....when I have paid $2500+ shipping (actually a car rental plus gas from CT to West Virginia since I dont like to put pups on planes)) it was because I know the type and temperament of a certain bloodline will be there and if not the breeder will replace the pup if need be. I would not pay that much for a pet but for a show prospect...you get what you pay for.

#23 ·
Bethb2007, I know what you mean about $1,600 for a pup and who knows what it will turn out to be. In doing my searching for a pup I can not believe how much people are charging for some of their dogs. I seen one that was 5,000 for a breeding! That is rediculous.

#30 · (Edited)
anchor chain kennels has changed hands........ The breeding program will not be the same man that orginiated the line..

Victorino Red Ace their main stud.. ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [140311] :: 'PR' VICTORINO REBEL'S RED ACE Which is PR heavy OFRN bred dog.. High end dogs but not game stock at least not the majority as they are Show staff and OFRN to get the tufftown

Victorino http://www.victorinoskennel.com/are working Am Staffs and APBTs and they are intertwined as ONE ;) NOT PITTERSTAFFS what newfangled word is this?? AMstaffs come from APBTs.. LOL This guy is just doing it right as it gets without the []. Gotta give em props for that.. Hes got all the working lines tossed together.. camelot, tnt, many I wouldnt have but are GREAT workers none the less.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.