Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The pictures aren't that great, my grandmother decided to let my 8 year old cousin to take them. lol

We had an awesome time, there were some huge jumps! A mal was doing around 20-21ish, I believe her personal best was 24. And a mix owned by the same lady was doing around the same as well.
Hopefully the pictures from tomorrow will be better. :) We signed up for one wave but looks like we'll be doing finals as well. :D
(His previous personal best was 16'1 from a fun class graduation competition)
So for Dakota's jumps, we did 2 waves today. First wave he jumped 19'2 for both and placed first in seniors, second wave he jumped 19'9, then he jumped 21'3 :woof: His new personal best. ^_^ And won 1st in pro.

Pictures time, they were really dark so I tried to lighten them up, buuuut....
Anyhow, this is Teal, she's a 11 month old Golden Retriever and already jumping around 14, man does she pop! She'll do great. :)

One of the Mals, she got a lot of air!

Roxy, she's such as sweet gal, she's around 8 years old. She just competes for fun but is cute to watch. :)

The mix that was jumping big 8)

I don't know this dog's name, cute little Shar Pei mix looking dog.

Skyy :)

And now Dakota :D I need to work on getting him more excited, he doesn't run full speed at all it's a very leisurely gallop down the dock.

Happy had a big jump, I believe her best was 19'1

Peppe jumping, he's a big handsome Mal.

needed a little guidance.

Dakota looking pretty with his ribbons

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Now that looks like a fun day for everyone! Very cool pics, Celeste. I'm very jealous of those dogs at the moment. Still very hot in Western Aus!

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Congrats to Dakota on his wins, and not bad pictures considering the photographer was an 8 yr old, lol! Thanks for sharing those pictures with us Celeste, and keep up the great work with Dakota!

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Shoot your cousin needs to learn sometime but I think she did great! Yay Dakota!! You must be so proud of him! Thanks for sharing hope today was as much fun for you and sabt wait to hear how Dakota did!

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you everyone! I appreciate the support, it was a lot of fun!

Dakota was more stressed out today and didn't do as well. He jumped 3 in the 16 range and 1 in 18. Poor guy, he got some beef ribs when we got home though. Got a purty rosette from finals, matches his collar.

I was trying to get him more interested in his toy to get him going faster, didn't help at all really, I tried a few things after everyone left and the dock was open. Dakota's not much for physical attention in general but when he gets wet he loves it for some reason. He'll bunch up his spine and rub against you like a cat. I found out that me physically praising him and acting like a happy idiot worked a lot better and he jumped farther than he did the first day. But that didn't count.

I believe he got the senior division title though

·
Super Moderator
4,575 Posts
The pics actually turned out very well.
Dakota looks AWESOME in the air. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts