Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have and love my american red nose pitbull he is a blonde brindle. i am going to put him up for stud because of his loving temperament and he is so smart. and his color i do think is a rarer color.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
First of all let me welcome you to the forum!There's a ton of knowledge here to be had.You've got yourself a cute dog
There is no such thing as a rare color with this breed.I've seen hundreds,if not thousands,of these dogs every color they can come in.
The apbt by nature has a loving temperment.So breeding him just because of that along with his color are not good enough reasons to breed.Is he registered?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he isnt registered yet. but i know the color isnt all that matters but the fact that he was potty trained and knew all the basic tricks at only 8 weeks old shows he has great genes and around where i live there is not many blonde brindles. his genes are the most important thing

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
Very cute and I'm glad you are such a proud owner.

However, you actually need to do a lot more research. You've come to the right place. Blonde is NOT a pit bull color. Also, though he is cute knowing basic commands and early house training is cake. Pups are like sponges soaking up whatever they are taught. This by no means makes him a genius. It means you put in the time or the breeder did to teach him.

Responsible owners don't breed or stud dogs under 2.... Temperament, structure, drive, having a good pedigree from a reputible registry, titles health tests, working ability etc, are just some things involved with being a good responsible stud dog owner.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
he isnt registered yet. but i know the color isnt all that matters but the fact that he was potty trained and knew all the basic tricks at only 8 weeks old shows he has great genes and around where i live there is not many blonde brindles. his genes are the most important thing
What do you mean he isn't registered yet? When, where and how were you planning on registering him?

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Beautiful dog you have but I to have the VERY RARE BLUE pit bull and you can't get anymore rare than that for color LOL!!! I am totally kidding but seriously, you don't breed just because of color....for temperament yes, a great temperament has to definitely be in the genes. However, A nice temperament isn't a reason to breed a dog nor is color. You dog needs to prove it self whether in the ADBA show ring or have some working title to be breed worthy. You also should get your dog tested for any genetic defects that he may have such as hip dysplasia etc. before he is bred. Anyone can breed two dogs together.....it doesn't take a genius to throw a bitch and a male together and make pups. However, to be an ethical breeder you need to do right by this breed and just breeding because you can isn't a good enough reason to add more PETS to the OVER POPULATION problem across the country with this already ruined breed. We already have BSL against us across alot of states. We don't need this breed being put into the wrong hands anymore and ruining them any further than it's been done. I hope you stay and learn a few things before you "stud" your unregistered untitled pet. :)

Reactions: dixieland

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
he isnt registered yet. but i know the color isnt all that matters but the fact that he was potty trained and knew all the basic tricks at only 8 weeks old shows he has great genes
lol that proves nothing. My dog is probably the smartest dog I've ever met and she's GSD/Akita/Australian Shepherd/Mallinois. Does that sound like a dog with "Good Genes"?

What lines is he? Could you give a link to his Ped?

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Welcome to the forum. As other stated his color is not at all rare. Also being well trained does not make a dog worth breeding. Many mixed dogs can train young it is not a special trait. Having a papered dog that grows up to be a correct and healthy adult comes before any thought about breeding a dog. Then you need to being doing some type of competition that gives the dog a reason for breeding. Hopefully you read around the forum and think about all this before considering breeding.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Andresmom92! I am new in this forum as well. My cousin who lives in the same house as mine had a pitbull 3 years ago. Unfortunately, she died because she ingested deadly parasites. She has the same color as Andre.

My name is Natalie, btw. I have a 2-year old American Staffordshire Terrier named Amy. She was adopted last year and life has never been this happy until she came into my life. Looking forward to chat with you all pitbull lovers soon.

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
i would like to say, welcome to the pack and i hope you enjoy your stay on our yard. I'd like to touch on the fact that your dog looks to be more red brindle than a blonde color as you say. Blonde is not a color within this breed, nor is your dog's color rare in any way.

It's great that you want to stud your pup out, but what makes him breed worthy isn't his color or his smarts. If he's not registered, then his lineage is of unknown origin. Therefore, even if you were to breed him to a purebred, registered female, unfortunately you would still be breeding mutts in the sense that you wouldn't be able to register the pups. This may not be a big deal to you now, but it means a whole heck of a lot to those of us trying to educate and fight against legislation.

Everyone, please let's educate and not just harp on this new member about how irresponsible they're being with the mindset they have. Let's educate positively so we can get a lot further and not have this member take a leave of absence from us and the help we can offer. Please and thank you.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Very cute pup! Welcome to the group.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts