Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was watching animal planets Miami dade animal police and it was an episode on pitbulls and all they did was rag on them and show them being mean and fighting and saying how nobody should have one and it just made me so angry because isn't animal planet supposed to be for every animal? I mean its ridiculous!

·
Banned
4,383 Posts
I have noticed that animal planet is very against our breed. and they are akc sponcerd so they have no real good info about pits they infact called them all mixed breeds oon one of the dog shows they put on. said apbt are a catch all breed.

3,968 Posts
wow thats really fd up! on animal cops detroit i thought they were bad with apbts but at least they adopt the ones out that havent been used for fighting. the thing is ppl find animal planet to be a realy reliable source. and they probobly will take that to heart. hate to say this but they need to get some of the dog whisperers pitbull episodes on animal planet. at least he sticks up for the breed and tries to make them look better instead of being killers.

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
I think they portrya the APBT in a good light on animal precint NY. They evaluate and adopt out all of the pits that they have come in.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I think they portrya the APBT in a good light on animal precint NY. They evaluate and adopt out all of the pits that they have come in.
the one cop on NY has a rescued one eyed pit bull type mix that she brings to work everyday.

With these shows, everyone has to remember they are after all in the reality show genre, these are not actors they are real people, and they are expressing their personal opinions. If people want to watch informational tv, watch documentaries, not reality shows. I enjoy the NY one and the Houston one, but the others I find to be BS. The miami ones are the worst, they call in help for just about everything, then they get in their way, like when they call the alligator wrangler, then make a nuisance of themselves. The best I can say is to just stop watching that show, I have.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Well pit bulls are illegal in miami dade, so I would assume they would say nasty things about them. I just don't know how anyone in the dog business could bad mouth a breed. My mom told me a long time ago, before I ever had a pit bull that all the vets she had worked for hated them. She would say "any vet will tell ya.." Well long story short, Helena is a "grand dog" now. But she still thinks Helena is an exception. And when she tells her friends about her she says "well she is a nice one, she is different" And I have to chime in, well this is how they are supposed to be. And I think she still refuses to believe that the lock jaw is a myth. Even though I read her scientific information..

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Well pit bulls are illegal in miami dade, so I would assume they would say nasty things about them. I just don't know how anyone in the dog business could bad mouth a breed. My mom told me a long time ago, before I ever had a pit bull that all the vets she had worked for hated them. She would say "any vet will tell ya.." Well long story short, Helena is a "grand dog" now. But she still thinks Helena is an exception. And when she tells her friends about her she says "well she is a nice one, she is different" And I have to chime in, well this is how they are supposed to be. And I think she still refuses to believe that the lock jaw is a myth. Even though I read her scientific information..
My vets love Lady. The ortho vet even told me that if yorkies weighed 70 lbs they would be banned everywhere with no question due to their biting issues. Everyone at the office loves Lady, and she is too scared to go in the back and pees herself, so they bring towels to put down, and examine her right in the lobby lol. The area gets very crowded because EVERYONE has to come say hello to their favorite Lady Grey.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i don't understand why they badmouth and treat APBTs so horribly just because some people don't know how to raise an animal correctly doesn't mean the whole breed is bad. they used to be "nanny dogs" and watch our children back in the days.. today is no different if you love them and give them the attention they need. APBTs are there to please us in any way they can.. i know with my 3 it would be a case of death by licking before they hurt me or anyone else for that matter... except nina.. she hates lawn mowers and leaf blowers... she might tear one of those suckers up haha

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Because people wouldn't even know what "pit bull" breeds were if they hadn't seen and read about the attacks that the media portrays. Complete ignorance..

For example

Improper identification of the dogs actual breed. A lot of times pit bulls get the blame for any dog attack where the dog was large sized, big head and muscular. That could be a ton of dog breeds, even though our dogs are not large! They get labeled as pit bulls.

Then there are stories about "near" attacks. Where the dog didn't actually attack anyone.

The claims that the "pit bull" was 100lbs And people believe that they really are because it's on the news!

The dumb people that are on the news (actually saw this) A dude saying after his dog attacked a woman and her dog.. "I know my dog is mean, I want him to have a bad reputation so people will stay away from my yard.

Publicized dog fighting from the media and groups such as PETA and HSUS and their propaganda about how to spot a dog fighter, and reward money for turning in a dog fighter.

And then the story on the news that tells of a dog attack but they never tell you the breed. But when it was a "pit bull" Its up there in big bold letters PIT BULL ATTACK. And the news reporter can't stop mentioning the name "Pit Bull"

I've seen a few cutesy good hearted story about a Pit Bull before on the news but only a few.

If they were unheard of.. if people didn't want them because they are "mean" because they are "scarey" for "protection" And then if the bleeding hearts didn't want them because "they want to rescue one" because "they aren't all mean!" but they don't do crap on research.

And the responsible owners fall under shadows and the public are unaware of us and why we are fighting for our breed. They also don't understand if pit bulls are exterminated they will go after another breed next. And next thing you know.. we won't be allowed to own any animals.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts