Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering what the forum thinks about the show Pit Bulls and Parolees, it seems like a good show since they are trying to show people that pitbull's can be good dogs just as any other breed. I haven't seen a full episode yet.

Also, there is a new one called Pit Boss, seems like it's a guy going around stealing pits from bad owners?

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
Pit Boss, haven't heard of it yet.. Theres a lot of mixed feelings about pitbulls and parolees here on the board just because of Tia's feelings on DA dogs, yet I saw some episodes where she was ok with them and would put them into homes still. So I love the show, it puts our breed out in the spotlight in a very good way, which is rarity in its own.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I have some issues with the humans in it. It makes me nervous for her and all she has worked for. It seems there is too much behind the scenes we don't know that leave gaping holes in it for me. JMO. As for Pitboss haven't come across it yet.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
Heh, I wonder exactly what the producers had going through their minds when they decided to make this a television show. :hammer::hammer::hammer:

·
NO TROLL PASSIN
3,801 Posts
I've seen previews of Pit Boss , I plan at seeing it when it comes out if it hasn't already and I remember ...
P&P is ok , I liked it tho I didn't agree on her DA views either, but what she is doing for the dogs regardless has to IMO be commended and respected. There are not many who go out of there way as such, they are a small bunch and barely get the recognition they deserve.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Have only seen one episode of P&P and never heard of Pit Boss so can't comment on either....
No satellite or cable here....when at the neighbors house sitting I watch RF-D (farming stuff) and Animal Planet

·
Medal polisher for kg420
3,056 Posts
I've seen every show of p&p's love that show. I never heard of pit boss till I read this post. I'm gonna have to check it out and see how it is

·
Registered
505 Posts
Pitbulls and Paroless is kinda of boring JMO, watched all episodes I liked it but on the same note I thought it was boring.
Pitboss I think will be lame.
I do like the Dogtown show on National Geographic

·
Registered
151 Posts
I personally like P&P I watch it every chance I get that I see it on, as for Pit boss I have never heard of it but will definetely check it out.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I love both shows! I watched 6 hours of pit bulls and parolees yesterday and cried way too many times. That show just makes me super emotional because I hate seeing what the dogs are put through before being rescued. Pit Boss is good too but the guys on there complain a lot because they are all dwarfs and they take offense to the craziest things so it gets annoying at times. I am ready for the new season though!

·
Registered
411 Posts
I don't care for Pit Boss. Shorty seems to be a bit of a bully to his people and I can't for the life of me figure out what it is they do all day to call themselves a "rescue". Make some phone calls and act all profoundly dedicated?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I don't care for Pit Boss. Shorty seems to be a bit of a bully to his people and I can't for the life of me figure out what it is they do all day to call themselves a "rescue". Make some phone calls and act all profoundly dedicated?
You're right about Shorty. He does seem forceful about some of the stuff the other guys do. I guess that is why they always take everything the wrong way. I guess he is comfortable with being a dwarf where as they seem self-conscious about it so he doesn't really see/understand that they don't like some of the stuff like making them dress in lobster costumes and act as models. It does annoy me how much they whine about stuff, but then again I guess I would have to be in their shoes to know why.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Really don't like Pit Boss....AT ALL.... Now..Pitbulls and Parolees.. I'll watch every now and then when I catch it on. I like it pretty good.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I like P&P so far havent seen more than 2 episodes though gotta catch up and never seen Pitboss so can't really say on that one

·
Inkd & Dogs gotta love it
2,074 Posts
I like the show P&P b/c I agree it is showing good sides for pittys. I also agree there is more to it behind thd scenes but that is with ALL reality shows. Heck look at Ceasar's shows. YOU know nothing of what he does. :(
I think PitBoss is just plain lame IMO he knows really nothing and can not handle the dogs.

I love Rescue INK .. the bikers who go around saving all dogs.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I like the show P&P b/c I agree it is showing good sides for pittys. I also agree there is more to it behind thd scenes but that is with ALL reality shows. Heck look at Ceasar's shows. YOU know nothing of what he does. :(
I think PitBoss is just plain lame IMO he knows really nothing and can not handle the dogs.

I love Rescue INK .. the bikers who go around saving all dogs.
Is Rescue INK on animal planet as well? I have yet to see that show. I know they were on Dr. Phil and there were a lot of mixed reviews about that but I didn't get to see anything about it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts