Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I absolutely love and hate some of these programs on Animal Planet.

Serioulsy, I love the programs, but HATE to see how some of these animals are treated.
(I could continue for days on exactly how these pathetic individuals should be treated and exactly where to go, but anyway). :rofl:

Animal Planet has their program called Animal Witness. The very first one was the Michael Vick case, which I found incredible.

This past week there were two specific programs centered around two different pitbulls: Popsicle and Chief.

These stories touched my heart so much, and I just wanted to share with everyone here to please watch if you get the opportunity.

Popsicle- left in a garbage bag to die as a small puppy turns into a helpful drug sniffing dog.

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/articles/popsicle.html
http://www.kindnews.org/critter-cards/critter_cards_jan08.asp

Chief (pitbull / Lab mix)- was shot by two men invading his home. His owners were both killed, and he was not able to be saved, but went on the make history using dog DNA in court. He was the final piece of evidence that linked the murders to the crime. His DNA was the first non-human DNA to be used in court.

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19980309&slug=2738618

These were just two incredible Pitbulls, and I truly hope these individuals get exactly what they complete deserve.

Please watch if you get a chance.

Here is a listing for Animal Planet:
Animal Planet :: TV Listings :: Animal Witness
Popsicle, the Pitbull
South Park Slaughters

Has anyone else watched them?
:)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cain,
I'm so glad that you will be looking out for them.

As a pitbull owner/lover, I like positive stories about these misunderstood dogs.

Popsicle, of course, was just a puppy but did not display any aggression even after a rough start. These poor animals get such a bad rap.

They are very interesting stories to see how animals can be more than just a man's best friend, but also VERY critical in criminal investigations. They can definitely communicate, but not always thru words.

I just love animals.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
good press

I heard about popsicle but not the other 2 thanks for posting that.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I saw the show with popsicle! They also had a MV dog town episode where it showed them rehabilitating the pit bulls he had at his home.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sarie,
I'm not sure if I saw that one, but I'd love to.

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't there 2 out of 48 dogs deemed non-adoptable?
1- medical problems 2- one was too aggressive.
Therefore, both were put to sleep.

I'm sorry, but only 2 out of 48 non-adoptable is darn good.
That speaks a lot for these animals.

I just want to say , "thank you so much" to the judge that actually allowed Bad Rap from California to come and test those dogs to see if they were able to be saved and adopted. He must be a good man or a dog lover himself. He did a wonderful deed for not only the dogs, but people they have touched afterwards.

A few were adopted and a few are therapy dogs.
I am so thankful these dogs got the life that they deserved.

:)

·
Registered
502 Posts
I've known the story of Popcicle for years. I don't have Animal Planet so can't see those shows unfortunately. Did they mention that Popcicle had to be removed not once, but twice from border towns because the Mexican cartel put out a bounty on him? Just curious. I always thought his story was great. That it was turn about fair play for him. I wasn't sure that all of MV's dogs got adopted though. I saw the story of the ones in the rescue center in that is Best Friends(I think, it's been a while since I saw it) and I understood that some of those would not be adopted because of the blood diesease barbesia but would live out their lives at that shelter. They get lots of attention there and taken out for walks and learn new commands. But at least they weren't put to sleep for something that was done to them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts