Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the other day last week I was at the SPCA to get my puppy his 2nd round of shots and on this particular day I was the only one with a Pit and there was a whole bunch of other dogs waiting in line with their owners, so the other dogs start barking and then my dog starts barking back at them because he's excited and I told him to stop and calm down and then he stopped barking after I told him to.....and then they brought out these divider things and arranged it so that my dog can't see the other dogs while me and my dog are waiting for his shots and people were acting all up tight and shaking their heads because I had a pitbull....
so then after we got his shots the lady took me to the side and gave me a lecture about how my dog is showing signs of dog agression, but I actually had control of my dog the whole time and he stopped barking when I told him to, and she didn't say anything to the other people who's dogs were barking first.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Id have raised a fit and left to another vet.Maybe im lucky to have multiple vets here but I wont give buisness to a place who discriminates on my dog screw that. We have one vet here asked someone to muzzle there "pit bull" before they could even walk in , needless to say I have never nor will I ever take my dogs there { there dog showed no aggression and walked in just fine they made them walk out and muzzle there dog after she had already been inside drama free}. its the local 24 hour vet here too , I go to the next city over if I need a 24 hour vet.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
OMG how could you hold your tongue, I would have been so pissed. I agree with Angel, I would find a better place to go. Educated vets know about dogs and don't discriminate just because your dog is barking. Even if it did have DA, so what. As long as you are always responsible it should never be an issue. Its not always something that goes away, manged yes, which is exactly what you did.

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
I would have had to educate them no matter where I was... LOL

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would have had to educate them no matter where I was... LOL
:goodpost: That's how I feel about it too!

To the OP, I see you are from Sacramento area. For your future reference, there is a mobile low cost vaccination clinic available in your area. The cool thing about it is they are strict and have rules for EVERY breed of dog. All dogs must stay in the owner's vehicles until called to receive their shots. They are very reasonably priced too. Just go to yolanovet.com and they have their schedules and pricing posted online.

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
People can be asses, more often than not in this breed. I would be changing my vet if that happened.

Side note, I would've been grateful for dividers. My boy would've gotten excited/stressed by all that since he's not a fan of the vet, would probably help him chillax. But other than that, sounds like they were very rude.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there's many other vets in my area, I'm definitely not returning to that place again.I didn't mouth off when it happened because I didn't want to make a scene and look ignorant, the fact is that they are the ignorant ones :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
We love bully type breeds at the vet clinic I work for.

We have very few (I can only think of 1 or 2 off the top of my head) that we have the owner muzzle for us...reason being that the dogs are extremely HA. The owners of these couple of dogs are afraid of them, and we usually have to ask them to leave the room, because the dogs get even worse with the owners around.

Luckily, these owners are at least aware that they have problem dogs, and let us know in advance so we can be prepared for them. We will normally show them to an exam room as soon as they walk in, to try to keep the dogss as relaxed as possible (which isn't very, lol)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts