Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When do you guys throw them out? Or do you throw them out when they get too small? D was getting to the end of one and as I was going to take it away to throw it out he broke it in half. It didn't splinter or anything just wondering if it is better to take it away or can they chew it till it's gone?

I didn't even kno the antlers got smaller, only recently he's been wearing them down. He had that antler since July which is why I never knew that they get smaller bc only like a week ago it started getting smaller and he's always chewed on it. But I guess puppy teeth weren't gonna do that

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
I don't have any experience with antlers, but my dogs love the beef soup bones. It helps to keep their interest by stuffing them with peanut butter and kibble and freezing them lol.

I talked to a customer at work recently who hunts, and I asked him if he could hook me up with some antlers, and he went on this spiel about how giving them to the dogs would make them vicious! He uses bulldogs and hounds to hunt with, and claims the AC told him that feeding the dogs raw meat and any portion of bones from the animals he hunts would make dogs vicious. He was trying to leave and I was on the clock so I didn't really have time to properly educate him about what a crock of shit that was.

Sorry DM... didn't intend to thread jack lol. Just wanted to share that.

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol don't worry it's still in topic lol

Lol makes them vicious, smh. they're chewers not a lot of things hold up thats why I don't mind spending the $$ on antlers bc they not only last him he loves them

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Petsmart and petco don't have them there? That's where I get em

They're pricey tho, $30 for one decent size Antler. If you hunt or know anyone who does that's a better route to go bc u can get a lot for the price of 3 of them

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Hmmmm I may have to go that route no huntin buddies out here lol
I was just gonna suggest to make friends with a hunter lol. My uncle is a hunter.... I reckon I could twist his arm to get some antlers and some good venison sent down from Jersey lol.

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
I don't, lol! That's why I need the hook up!

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Lol... I gotta make contact with him and see if he'll do it. I'll letcha know as soon as i find out though.

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Hey my violence-loving friend! Think my doggies too please! lol

·
Banned
5,496 Posts
Department of natural resource auctions.... box of 10 full half rcks for $100 2 antlers would make 5 or more of the store bought size. We throw full half racks to them and move on.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts