Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4 year old Titan has crazy anxiety when weather comes. Thunder Jacket was a joke. Best thing so far has been catching him before he freaks out and get some melatonin gummies in him. But now he is home alone with the other two dogs during the day when I am at work and yesterday was horrible. Came home to him tearing the front door and one of the window sills up bad. I have a black wire kennel but it cant contain him when he wants out. Im going to the vet today and maybe they can give me some thing to give him during the day along with being in the kennel that can help. Im honestly at the last stage of having to get rid of him. AND that i do not want to do. Any ideas or help would be greatly welcomed.

·
Super Moderator
5,383 Posts
My suggestion would be investing into a better crate for him and make it his haven and safe zone. Train him to be comfortable and relaxed in the crate with treats, toys and words of encouragement. When bad weather, fireworks or other loud noises frighten him let him "kennel up".

Joe

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My suggestion would be investing into a better crate for him and make it his haven and safe zone. Train him to be comfortable and relaxed in the crate with treats, toys and words of encouragement. When bad weather, fireworks or other loud noises frighten him let him "kennel up".

Joe
The fireworks are really an issue. Its thunderstorms and rain. If i'm around he still panics but i can calm him some. Its when I am not home or able to be around him that's the problem.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would recommend getting something like an impact crate. Mental games and physical games when you're home. Maybe try regular cbd doses if it's available in your area.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts