Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so since ive had mj she has always been trained to "go potty" on news paper... well i had some problems with my gf nd i now moved back to my previous house, although my family doesnt like the fact of pets in the house, they welcomed mj with open arms; they saw how much she listend to me and im guessing they liked her:)

well now that we moved i have carpet now and dont want her to go on everything and the carpet then my family not want her inside... so does anyone have any tips on how to train her to go out side?.. ive been here two days and she been doing alright on waiting to go potty outside. cause she loves to walk... so how do i go about doing this correctly? any help would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Have her outside as much as possible, go with her outside and tell her go potty and praise her when she does. Supervision is the key you cannot let her wonder around till you know she is pretty much potty trained. If you did not catch her in the act of peeing you cannot correct her. If you catch her tell her no and put her outside. This should help you get started, also keep in mind times when puppies need to go out to pee. After they eat, after they wake up, after they have played, and I let my pups put every 30 mins to avoid accidents. I just got my new puppy who is 4 months old and she has had only a few accidents using this method. She is also crate trained which helps her not pee nd destroy my house when I am gone or at night.

·
Banned
314 Posts
so since ive had mj she has always been trained to "go potty" on news paper... well i had some problems with my gf nd i now moved back to my previous house, although my family doesnt like the fact of pets in the house, they welcomed mj with open arms; they saw how much she listend to me and im guessing they liked her:)

well now that we moved i have carpet now and dont want her to go on everything and the carpet then my family not want her inside... so does anyone have any tips on how to train her to go out side?.. ive been here two days and she been doing alright on waiting to go potty outside. cause she loves to walk... so how do i go about doing this correctly? any help would be appreciated
The above post seems pretty good, but here's what I'm doing with my 12 week old pup:
I moniter her every motion when not in crate, and observe her water intake. If she drinks I walk her outside, and say "potty time". Now when I ask her if she has to potty, she'll go to door.
Any time she comes out of crate, outside we go immediatley. After a pup or dogs sleeps, that's the first thing they usually want to do, like us. Keep track of how soon after eating the pup has to empty out...it's usually based on their size, but also their diet. If you stick to one good brand and avoid table scraps, their bodies get adjusted to it. If you mix foods, the body will react differently each time, JMO.

She's doing good now, and in middle of the night she'll whine if she has to potty. She hasn't gone in house for some time. Getting better always.

They sell puppy potty pads at some places that absorb the urine, and you can always but a floor mat to put under it to protect the good carpet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts