Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have a question for all those pit veterans!
hopefully someone can help me... so my girls doing great, and just turned 4months... ever since i started introducing her to new people and strangers every time someone speaks to her she gets real excited and pees. sometimes its just drops but its everytime someone other then me talks to her could be high pitched low pitched any pitch and she just props down and there we go.
my question is. what do i do about this? how can i assist her in stopping the behavior other then telling the new people Not to talk to her till she calms down, because it makes me sound like a mean owner so ive been told lol...

any help?? thanks!!!

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
It's excitement/submissive peeing. My boy had that when he was younger. He grew out of it around a year old, but until then I had to tell people to ignore him until he calmed down and then act very reserved with him, that way he didn't get too amped up.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Give her time to get use to all these new things and she should grow out of it. I have had a couple and they grew out of it, one grew out of it,and we just moved and she has tinkled a couple times while on her way outside as the new house excites her lmao.

Just be glad its a female. I had a male (rescue) once who was a submissive pisser and he would roll over and pee and send it flying everywhere. He was hard to get adopted out lol.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
They will grow out of it, the most important thing is to remember not to correct her or it. It is a submissive behavior and correction could make it a life long problem. The only thing you can do is have ppl ignore her, what you could tell them so you do not come off as rude is just tell them she will pee if they get too excited with her. You could try to just let the pup go up to them then pet her, not them going to her. Either way she should grow out of it.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Give her time to get use to all these new things and she should grow out of it. I have had a couple and one who grew out of it, but we just moved and she has tinkled a couple times while on her way outside as the new house excites her lmao.

Just be glad its a female. I had a male (rescue) once who was a submissive pisser and he would roll over and pee and send it flying everywhere. He was hard to get adopted out lol.
When I taught puppy classes I use to get peed on all the time by males when they would roll over and shoot me! lol I have learned to not let male pups roll over!

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
:goodpost::goodpost:

What they said.

With Kane, sometimes I would get home and he'd be so excited to see me, he'd start peeing and then roll over and then it was like this:

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
OMG that commercial is hilarious!

I get a lot of submissive pee-ers coming in to my shop. If I have the option to do so, I squat down and let them approach me from the side before I try to touch them. You really do have to keep those interactions quiet and subdued. And much as its bad for manners, I also let the little ones put their front paws up on me before I pick them up. It seems like they can't pee while standing on their hindlegs. *shrug*

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah thanx all! i knew i was TRYing to go about it the right way by telling the newbies that... but oh well theyre gonna have to deal with it:)

and yeah luckily... My ONLY girl:)

·
Registered
121 Posts
It's excitement/submissive peeing. My boy had that when he was younger. He grew out of it around a year old, but until then I had to tell people to ignore him until he calmed down and then act very reserved with him, that way he didn't get too amped up.
x2 one of my pups just stopped doing it and shes 6 months.

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
Keira did the same thing to me for a few months after we got her. She finally stopped, thank goodness. But I had to tell people the same thing, not to get her too excited, and to wait for her to calm down before interacting with her.

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
Hahaha about not letting the males roll over. And omg that commercial is hilarious!!!

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
ok so i have a question for all those pit veterans!
hopefully someone can help me... so my girls doing great, and just turned 4months... ever since i started introducing her to new people and strangers every time someone speaks to her she gets real excited and pees. sometimes its just drops but its everytime someone other then me talks to her could be high pitched low pitched any pitch and she just props down and there we go.
my question is. what do i do about this? how can i assist her in stopping the behavior other then telling the new people Not to talk to her till she calms down, because it makes me sound like a mean owner so ive been told lol...

any help?? thanks!!!
lol i dunno whats so mean about not wanting to clean up pee off ur floor every time company comes over.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Vendetta was a submissive pee-er too. I would tell people that she will most likely pee if you dont give her time to get use to you and they would back off on their own and wait for Vendetta to calm down on her own. All of this stopped by 6-7 mos.

Make sure you dont stop introducing her to new place and people. The more she is out and about the less likely this will carry over into adulthood.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeahh luckily she squats :D

and as for the correcting i am not, i just still tell everyone dont over excite her or your cleaning the pee:) haha but they still say shes a prisoner lol
shes been doing great and i spoke to soon this morning! and she went on the carpet:/ because of someone calling her... but i just cleaned it and she knew she was in trouble and ran up stairs lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts