Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to see what other issues people have run into with their dogs.

my male dog, max, is the messiest dog ive ever seen. hes pretty when you can keep him all bathed and cleaned up but it never lasts long. hes the type of dog that would crap in his crate and roll all around in it. eventually he became a mostly outdoors dog and i keep him in a 10x10 welded wire kennel most of the time. even in there ive noticed he will "go" right in front of the kennel door and he walks all around in it every day, making him, and the kennel tough to clean. i love him but he drives me nuts with this lol

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just noticed i put this in the wrong forum....youd think with all the time i spend on computers id be more forum savy.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
just noticed i put this in the wrong forum....youd think with all the time i spend on computers id be more forum savy.
Moved it to General for ya ;)

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Oh man I have a lot of silly issues that have popped up over the years!
General and Rage are scared to walk on the pergo floor in half of the house. Sometimes they get stuck in the kitchen because they do not want to walk on the floor. My fix.... ignore them and finally after a few months they got over it.

I have a new foster who has anxiety issues and we have been working on her being able to go outside by herself without panicking. She also stresses in the crate and pants for a few hours before she settles down. Her new phobia is not wanting to drink out of our auto waterer because the bubbles freak her out. I am not babying her so when she gets thirsty enough she will get the nerve to go drink water and over time she will see that it is not scary. Tomorrow we are trying a thunder shirt on her and after I see how it works I will start a thread on what it is about.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
General and Rage are scared to walk on the pergo floor in half of the house. Sometimes they get stuck in the kitchen because they do not want to walk on the floor. My fix.... ignore them and finally after a few months they got over it.

I have a new foster who has anxiety issues and we have been working on her being able to go outside by herself without panicking. She also stresses in the crate and pants for a few hours before she settles down. Her new phobia is not wanting to drink out of our auto waterer because the bubbles freak her out. I am not babying her so when she gets thirsty enough she will get the nerve to go drink water and over time she will see that it is not scary. Tomorrow we are trying a thunder shirt on her and after I see how it works I will start a thread on what it is about.
id almost like to see a fear of flooring in one of my dogs. might help me keep them out of certain rooms when im not home :) ive owned around 10 dogs or so and ive had 2 with some kind of issue, thats about all. years ago i had a dog that would bark, at everything. he would bark at his food dish, bark at the tv, bark at people outside, everything. he was the only dog i ever couldnt deal with and just had to rehome. i dont know what was wrong with him but my guess is he was just plain retarded.

·
Registered
130 Posts
performanceknls...cant wait to see how the thundershirt works..I have seen that and was wondering about that. My OES Pandora suffers from storm and firworks anxiety really bad we have to give her medicen for it.. So I am looking forward to your review of this product.
Our dogs have some issues.
I will start with Boom he will not go into the bathroom that is on the main floor, but will go in the bathroom upstairs.
Then theres Hope she will try to get on my brothers futon with him laying in it wich isnt aloud(he stays with us the week he gets his chemo treatments) she will pace back and forth trying her darndest to get on that futon with him..LOL
Theese two dogs are the biggest goofballs I have ever seen
Then there is Diva who lives up to her name..she acts as if there are no rules for her and if there are rules...she will break them...LOL
Then there is my baby girl Pandora...she is deathly affraid of storms and fireworks..poor girl...She is my big ol' baby girl!!!
then I know she isnt a dog but Bunny Queen she will tear up her water bottles!!! I am constantly buy new ones for her.
I Love my silly animals:woof:

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
My little dog Chloe use to have a fear of walking across the kitchen floor, but only when she remembered that she was afraid of it. Sometimes she would walk across just fine, and other times she would get "stuck" in one place on the floor and refused to move. We referred to the floor as "hot lava".

The problem fixed it's self when I placed throw rugs down to help my tri-pawd dog hop through the kitchen w/ out slipping. Apparently those rugs keep the hot lava at bay.:)

She also has a fear of corners. If her ball rolls in a corner, she will stretch her little body and neck out as far as she possibly can in order to try to get it with out actually going in the scary corner.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
my dog loves shoes...and digging in the cat box,doesnt eat the poo just digs

·
Super Moderator
4,616 Posts
When there are other animals around and we are away from home Ecko all of a sudden becomes deaf, and no longer knows his own name. He also refuses to pee more then 3 feet away from the back porch.
Chili our Chihuahua takes no less then ten minutes to relieve herself. VERY frustrating.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Lol Shorty is really messy, everytime I let him outside he comes back in dirty with dirt all over him and his face.. He also Isnt polite at all when it comes to drinking water it drips EVERYWHERE... :p

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Bruno likes to shove people into walls. No joke. He's a bit of a donkey butt.

Also when he's constantly rolling onto his back and flailing around making grunting noises.

Almost thought he had Syringomyelia,but he's not a Cavalier. LOL.

Bruno is very stubborn and pig headed. It is hard to get him to do something he doesn't want to do. But I wont quit until he's done what he doesn't want to do,cause I'm not letting myself be owned by a dog.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts

Wow. You need to help my roomies dog. She babies him WAY to much. He is scared of EVERYTHING!.
The water bowl being one of them. I tried to tell her to just let it be,and he would get over it,but she wont,she's like. He wont drink and he will be thirsty and die!

Seriously that dog backs up into rooms. Literally backs up! he walks in butt first!

We used the thunder shirt,and it worked for a little bit,but I think he got so use to it,that it lost it's effect now. However you could see the result,cause the redness in his eyes and muzzle go away when he has it on.

He's just stressed all the time,the poor thing. I really think he needs to be re homed to someone who knows how to work with him,or PTS,but he's not my dog.

Even the behaviorist tried to make her see that it was her causing most of the issues,but she just wont see it most of the time. That or she doesn't care anymore.

It's so frustrating cause this dog is like a 98lb. MoMo,only he has proven that he can be a normal functioning dog,when with the right person.

I have had no issues with him.

·
Registered
130 Posts
K8nkane thats funny does he shock you:hammer:
our mini schnauzer will rub herself back and forth on the sofa, kinda like a cat does but she will do it really fast switching sides:hammer:

·
hrmph
5,349 Posts
Whenever Belle gets wet she will immediately run to the nearest couch and rub all over it, even flip the cushions on top of her and roll around inside of the couch... she hates being wet.

Rudi hates the floor at the pet stores, she refuses to go in them, but she will go into my work which has a similar floor and she has no issues with that at all.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Gargamel must sniff your eyeball if he likes you. Its weird. as soon as he gets comfortable with you, he climbs up and takes a big 'ol sniff. When I get home from work, he eats, goes outside and has zoomies, comes inside to play and then sniff's and passes out on my lap... he is a goof.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Crush is the biggest weirdo , he is scarred of anything round lol, balloons, bike helmets, balls, big bowls that are upside down. took me forever to figure what he was freaking out at one night lol then realized the bowl was upside down and looked like a ball lol. plastic bags gets him going too , my mom walked in with some grocery bags and couldnt figure out why he was barking and growling at her , once she put them down he was her new best friend. So we are working on that and getting him past this lil quirk lol.

Our old foster boy Rocky used to have this obsession with newly made beds , he liked to squirm his way in them under the blankets and sleep dead center of the bed without disturbing the blankets lol , so many times I would walk in and there would be this perfect made bed with a big lump in the middle lol.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts