Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Windbag Extrodinaire.
3,303 Posts
Yupper, Fill it with peanut butter.
I have had one for 3 years and they still haven't torn it apart. They are very strong..

·
Inkd & Dogs gotta love it
2,074 Posts
BlueTyco said:
Does anyone uses kongs with there dogs? and if so what do you put in it.
I have a few recipies that I put into them
But you can put cheese, peanut butter, biskets and hotdogs

Deb

3,968 Posts
i put peanut butter and a few treats at once it keeps my dog occupied for hours!!!

3,968 Posts
SouthKakBully said:
I fill it with peanut butter. I thought my dog wouldn't be able to tear a kong ball up, but he did.
never expect any bully type dog not to beable to destroy something!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
well zero is really good at getting any non-solid foods out of a kong in a matter of minutes, but i finally figured it out. What i do is use this kong:

and i use innova health bars (dry treats)......i squeeze the ball so that i can fit the treats since they are larger than the hole......the trick is to keep the treat from breaking.....in the end, the only way for him to eat the treat is to lick inside the ball until it dissolves which can take an hour to two hours. As an added note, zero was smart enough to figure out that if he rolls the ball down a flight of stairs the treat breaks and falls out, so i just keep him away from stairs while he is playing with it.........it is amazing how smart pitbulls are, he shocks me every day.

·
Registered
31 Posts
One bitch I had just loved the kong with nothing in it she would just chew and chew for hours. The other ones need something in it for them to touch it. I usually put a fairly large cookie in it and top it off with some cheese whiz or peanut butter. They figured out that if they bit it just right the cookie would break :snap: and then they'd roll it on the floor so that it would roll out :roll: , but with the topping it makes the cookie a bit softer and then it lasts a bit longer. Sometimes I think that they are too smart for there own good. :angeldevi

·
Registered
744 Posts
My girl simply grabs whatever treat i put in it in seconds and leaves the Kong alone. She never chews or plays with it at all. She pefers a nice meaty bone over any toy anyday.

·
Inkd & Dogs gotta love it
2,074 Posts

You can either mix and put into cupcakes like I do sometimes or you can stuff into a kong and freeze
dog love it and keeps them buzy for hours

Deb

·
*Luke & Jesse*
1,372 Posts
No kongs for Jesse. Not even the black ones. He goes through like crazy. IN a matter of hours he has torn pieces off. And puttin the treats in them only keeps Luke and jEsse occupied for about 20 minsutes...lol. Luke doesn't chew them up like Jesse does.

·
Auth. Top Breeder
788 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
I have a large black kong for Maggie, I still have to get Elmo one. I put peanut butter in it and she loves it. when shes done with it she rolls it around in her cage and chews it....if you have a big space and a hard floor you can bounce them or throw them and they go all over the place!

·
*Luke & Jesse*
1,372 Posts
bgblok68 said:
What about the black kongs? Do they hold up? My dogs chew up red and blue ones like they are treats. lol
Those don't hold up in my house either. Espically with Jesse. Maybe last a little longer with Luke,

·
Registered
19 Posts
poppy has had her black kong for 3 years, to be honest, i dont put anything in it, she chews and licks at it anyway, its showing signs of wearing, maybe if i had put treats in there she would have made the effort to destroy it by now, she ate the small black one i got for diesel in moments.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts