Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my bully has developed this problem, he's peeing on my porch now and it's pretty disgusting.

I'd say it's just became a problem in the last month or so, since I started back in school. I attributed it to him being mad that I leave him alone all day, so I started making him go out before I left that way he can go empty his bowels while i'm still there and he doesn't have anything left to pee on my porch while i'm gone.

It worked really well for the last three weeks or so, but i guess he learned my schedule and realized my trick because today when i walk out...PEE EVERYWHERE. It's on his doghouse, the rocking chairs, the posts on the outer perimeter of the porch....the smell is horrible.

I clean it as soon as i get home to hopefully kill the smell so he wouldn't mark there again but it isn't working obviously.

please help

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
There are some OFF products that you can spray that are supposed to make animals not pee certain places.

·
Super Moderator
4,626 Posts
I would recommend crating him then. It is the best way to deal with separation anxiety IMO.

·
Super Moderator
4,626 Posts
Don't feel bad for "locking" him up. Remember canines originated as den animals. Most dogs feel safe in their crates. Ecko goes in his to hide his favorite toys, to eat his bones, to eat his feet and not get in trouble. My chihuahua loves her crate too. My first dog who mom kept about 6 years ago also loves her crate. that is their safe place. It's not just safe for you because they stop thrashing your house, or porch in your case, but it also prevents them from getting into things like eating rocks, getting stung by something and having an allergic reaction. Ecko is crated so the cats don't shred him when I'm not there to tell him to quit sniffing at them. I feel safe knowing that my dogs are safe. When I get home they will be happy to see me and in one piece. I walk them every morning before they go into lock down and I try for every evening as well. Then they just sleep all day. :) Just take it slow on the training and always use positive reinforcement so the crate is always a safe place to be.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's not that I feel bad for "locking him up" it's just that I don't have the money or space for a crate right now.

I supposed i could leave him in the house during the day and check on him in between classes (school is only about 10 minutes away) but how long would that last before he gets bored and starts peeing/tearing up the house.

He did do really good in the house during the cold snap we had over the last two weeks though

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Could be spite and it could be that he is marking his territory. If he's not neutered the marking can get worse. Depends on the dog.....I've had un-fixed males that we're good and others I know have had males that would pee in the house and mark everything. A crate is the best way to go. Try craigslist in your area. Some people give crates away for free while others may charge $20. Good luck :)

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I don't think dogs pee on things out of spite. If you can't have a crate. Maybe you could get an outside kennel, chain, or runner?

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I don't think dogs pee on things out of spite. If you can't have a crate. Maybe you could get an outside kennel, chain, or runner?
My bad on the out of spite thing.....I thought the OP was insinuating that when they said that he was good for a few weeks with not peeing until he learned the OP's schedule.
Although, I have seen and heard some pretty funny and seemingly spiteful things that peoples dogs have done over the years :p Some dogs are pretty smart and good at getting there owners attention LOL!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts