Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5 month old pit & the other day I noticed a lump on her stomach. It looks like a boil to me and I've googled everything. I can't find anything that looks like it. She likes to be outside a lot so I though maybe a bug bite? It's pretty big to be an ant bite. She will be going to the vet to get fixed soon but I'd appreciate any advice on what you think it could be. She's had it for about 3 days and it hasn't changed size. It just got redder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,358 Posts
I can't really tell from the pictures but it kind of looks like it could be a boil or an infected pore. Until you get to the vet I would suggest trying some warm compresses on it and see if it opens up and drains. Don't squeeze it at all, the redness suggests infection and you don't want to push it inwards.
If it does open up, apply light pressure around the opening pressing down around it to see if it will drain. This will take several sessions as you don't want to irritate the area any more then it is. In between I would put some antibiotic ointment on it to keep it moist and help with infection. Of course you know she'll probably lick it off but give it a try.

Joe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts