Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a possible new friend for John to play with... Any body live near Austin, San Antonio, San Marcos...?

John and I just moved so he doesn't have any friends to play with anymore.. :/

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Hmmmmm I don't know anyone but I would recommend that if you want to ad another dog to the family, go with a non-bully breed dog, if you want them to get along. I am thinking your dog is good with other dogs now...just know that he may not always like other dogs being a bully breed dog himself. Of course if you had a lab he still might not like him one day, but....yeah at least it's not two deciding they want to kill the other dog. Lol! Maybe just have some play dates with a friend's dog? :)

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Hmmmmm I don't know anyone but I would recommend that if you want to ad another dog to the family, go with a non-bully breed dog, if you want them to get along. I am thinking your dog is good with other dogs now...just know that he may not always like other dogs being a bully breed dog himself. Of course if you had a lab he still might not like him one day, but....yeah at least it's not two deciding they want to kill the other dog. Lol! Maybe just have some play dates with a friend's dog? :)
I do have to say, that just because you get another breed of dog, there's no guarantee. My two can only be together for short periods of time, with NOTHING but me with them, otherwise they'll fight. They fight over my 4 yr old daughter's attention! You just have to be vigilant in knowing your dog's body language and knowing when playtime is over.

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Yes exactly! ^^^^^ :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looking for a possible new friend for John to play with... Any body live near Austin, San Antonio, San Marcos...?

John and I just moved so he doesn't have any friends to play with anymore.. :/
New here so I'm not sure I'm doing this right. I am in San Antonio and would love my puppy to have a friend. She is a baby though.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
New here so I'm not sure I'm doing this right. I am in San Antonio and would love my puppy to have a friend. She is a baby though.
Really? Hey are ya sporting that name over towards the West Side? Say Zarzamora/Poplar down past Merida? Out around Lanier /Fox Tech H.S.? Maybe the South Side?

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts

·
1,859 Posts
Short answer, you're the only friend your dog needs! And i mean that in the nicest way possible.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
^^^^^^ This! I rarely take my dog anywhere just for the simple fact that every time I have someone brings there dog up nose to nose so they can be dog friends. Onyx will be hackled up and growling and they do it anyway. I end up having to drag my dog off while they stand there and look stupid. The whole dog friend thing is a idiotic concept to me, but each to his own.

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
^^^^^^ This! I rarely take my dog anywhere just for the simple fact that every time I have someone brings there dog up nose to nose so they can be dog friends. Onyx will be hackled up and growling and they do it anyway. I end up having to drag my dog off while they stand there and look stupid. The whole dog friend thing is a idiotic concept to me, but each to his own.
Yeah both my dogs are DA and I don't risk it. Hell they don't even like each other lol.

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Yep. This. Last time it happened I had to tell the lady to stop walking toward me bc OBVIOUSLY my dog was uncomfortable. We were weighing Cain and he little eb looking thing "just wants to say hi!" And Cain is shaking and pressed so flat on the ground (before he started reacting) I told her well my dog doesn't and scooped him up and left lol. Mine are content with each other and my husband and I and any friends we have over.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts