Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Does he look like a pit to you?
Tough question to answer. I don't think he looks like an American Pitbull Terrier if that is what you are asking but there is no doubt he is at minimum mixed with a breed that falls under the umbrella of "Pitbull Type Dogs" such as AST, APBT, AmBully, etc. To me, he looks very much like a Bully, but then again many dogs mixed with pitbull type dogs end up looking that way.

I would highly recommend Embark for breed information DNA test. They do a pretty good job of actually differentiating between pitbull type breeds. AST and APBT based on their history may overlap or be interchanged on there but that's about it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Yes i did own a female that was a Carver... her ears stood straight up like that and were long... only breed I've ever seen with ears like that... this was Athena!!
Dog Dog breed Collar Carnivore Ear

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tough question to answer. I don't think he looks like an American Pitbull Terrier if that is what you are asking but there is no doubt he is at minimum mixed with a breed that falls under the umbrella of "Pitbull Type Dogs" such as AST, APBT, AmBully, etc. To me, he looks very much like a Bully, but then again many dogs mixed with pitbull type dogs end up looking that way.

I would highly recommend Embark for breed information DNA test. They do a pretty good job of actually differentiating between pitbull type breeds. AST and APBT based on their history may overlap or be interchanged on there but that's about it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
I Appreciate the response and suggestion. Thank you!
Yes i did own a female that was a Carver... her ears stood straight up like that and were long... only breed I've ever seen with ears like that... this was Athena!! View attachment 90544
Pretty dog. Yeah, he gets so many comments about his ears. He’s a little taller than most pits I’ve seen also he weight 75 pounds. How old was Athena here?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts