Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if my boy is the only one who doesnt lift his leg to pee. Not something im really looking to fix, he can go to the bathroom however he pleases really, just wondering if i have the only weird boy.

Sometimes on a walk he'll try to hit a bush and when he lifts his leg he almost hops on the other leg and looks like he has no clue what hes doing but anytime he's in my yard he doesnt even think about lifting his leg.

·
Rather be hunting/fishing
401 Posts
my boy does and doesn't, to my understanding its a learned behavior. I know a few dogs that don't ether.

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
basically i've noticed that if my boy has to go simply because he has to go then he kinda squats. if we are out for a walk or at a friends house or something, then he wants to stop and go more often liftin his leg and sayin "i was here"

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive also heard its a learned behavior but the only thing Carter learns when another dog lifts its leg is to move because he almost gets hit. Its like he thinks their lifting their leg to give him a better view lol

·
Super Moderator
4,593 Posts
Ecko doesn't. Never has and not likely ever will. Even when he marks near the fence he squates. While he has more opertunity to step in the puddle, he is less likely to pee directly on himself. So I am A OK with it. :)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Crush very rarely lifts his leg and my other 2 boys do both lol. crush likes to walk and pee, I guess he trying to prove males can do 2 things at once lol { he does a bad job of it though , usually pees on his foot } .

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
Zorro done it ONCE. He 11months

·
Rather be hunting/fishing
401 Posts
Crush very rarely lifts his leg and my other 2 boys do both lol. crush likes to walk and pee, I guess he trying to prove males can do 2 things at once lol { he does a bad job of it though , usually pees on his foot } .
This cracked me up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm a little shocked to see that so many dont do it. Growing up my parents had a male dog, and they currently have a male and they both lifted their leg like they knew they were supposed to.

Like i said its not something im looking to change, but good to see my boy isnt the only one.

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
i wish my boys didnt hike their leg.. i'd rather not have piss on everything in the backyard.. Diesel will hike his leg on Daisy if she's peeing.. i get sooo mad.. lol

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
LMAO poor daisy. I agree though Id rather they pee down then on everything too.

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Hachi lifts his leg if we are on a walk or if he is just having fun running around the yard. But when he really has to go he only lifts it halfway! AND like Crush, he walks and pees too! Lol, gets it all over himself...

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
LMAO @ walk and pee

at least Odin doesnt do that. and he rarely gets it on himself either.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I thought I was the only one! My boy doesn't lift his leg either. He's always sporting that sissy-squat, in our yard, or in public, doesn't matter. Last time he tried to lift his leg, he literally fell over. Then stood back up and squatted. Oh well. I love him. Even if he is a pansy pisser. :D

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
My boy (pictured in my signature) is over a year old and still squats as well. He don't walk and pee, but he still manages to get all 4 paws wet lol.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
I only have 2 out of 6 that raise their leg.. the other 4 squat.. I've seen the pee while walking thing... lol.. doesn't always end up well :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well i guess i should be happy he doesnt pee on himself then haha he's got the squat down.

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
A few months from 3 and Dakota's still a squatter. I think we need a squatter support thread. :p

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
basically i've noticed that if my boy has to go simply because he has to go then he kinda squats. if we are out for a walk or at a friends house or something, then he wants to stop and go more often liftin his leg and sayin "i was here"
I agree, thats how my pup is, depends on where we are, but on walks its leg up and hitting high! lol

I don't think its learned because my boy wasn't around boy dogs and he lifts his leg. Just depends if there is something to piss on or just grass. He is a smart boy, who wants splash back!??! lol

HAHAHA poor crush! Apparently that's a FAIL on multi tasking lol

i wish my boys didnt hike their leg.. i'd rather not have piss on everything in the backyard.. Diesel will hike his leg on Daisy if she's peeing.. i get sooo mad.. lol
POOR DAISY LMAOOO

I thought I was the only one! My boy doesn't lift his leg either. He's always sporting that sissy-squat, in our yard, or in public, doesn't matter. Last time he tried to lift his leg, he literally fell over. Then stood back up and squatted. Oh well. I love him. Even if he is a pansy pisser. :D
why it gotta be sissy squat?? lol Could just be the better way to pee when you have ham bones legs with crazy thick muscles hahaha

My boy (pictured in my signature) is over a year old and still squats as well. He don't walk and pee, but he still manages to get all 4 paws wet lol.
how the hell does he do that lol. He needs different grass to suck up the pee faster lol

1 - 20 of 41 Posts