Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im trying to upload some pics from a sony memory stick duo memory card, and when i go to my computer to open the memory card.. i click the (g) drive for it and it says insert disk into drive... when i right click the drive and go to properties, the memory card shows up but i cant access it... idk someone help please im getting pissed

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some of the memory sticks have a lock switch on the card itself, sometimes if this is locked it wont let you access it. Also, what are you using to access the memory stick ?
mine doesent have the lock on it, and what do u mean what am i using to access it? like what program?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are you plugging your camera into the computer, or do you have a printer with a memory card slot ? Also, is this the first time you have tried to access this memory stick?
naw this is like the millionth time ive used it, im using the memory pro adapter that you slide the mem card in and then you put it into the (g) drive on my computer, which is a memory card slot in my computer

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
o and i also have converter driverthat i can use it plugs into the usb, but that wont work either

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
I am no computer genius or anything but it sounds like your usb port went bad. Do you have another you can try to plug it into?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am no computer genius or anything but it sounds like your usb port went bad. Do you have another you can try to plug it into?
yea theres 4 in this computer, all of them do the same thing

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Well other then rebooting or trying a different usb port I don't know. Now you see why I say I am not a genius when it comes to computers. That is about the extent of my knowledge.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well other then rebooting or trying a different usb port I don't know. Now you see why I say I am not a genius when it comes to computers. That is about the extent of my knowledge.
lol.. well thanks for the help anyway lol

·
The Blue Razor
968 Posts
Did you recenlty install any updates for windows or anything? that could have changed something to your drivers. Is this a desktop or a laptop? and what kind? Also, do you have any other memory sticks you can try?

·
Banned
2,128 Posts
Did you try jiggling it...somtimes you gotta jiggle it. If that doesnt work use a hammer and tap it, if still broken get a bigger hammer but tap i just as hard. Somtimes hammer size intimidates computers. It could be your rotary girder but might be your splint shaft manifold. My best guess would be the old Ctrl+alt+del...works everytime.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you recenlty install any updates for windows or anything? that could have changed something to your drivers. Is this a desktop or a laptop? and what kind? Also, do you have any other memory sticks you can try?
havent updated anything, laptop and its the only one i have lol

·
The Blue Razor
968 Posts
I would go to the company's website that makes the laptop and download the drivers for the card reader. Just look up the model number of the laptop, and it should pop up a list of device drivers to download.hope this helps, and all else fails, you can buy a cheap usb card reader. Matter of fact i have one in my garage if you want it. Ill even send it to you.lol

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would go to the company's website that makes the laptop and download the drivers for the card reader. Just look up the model number of the laptop, and it should pop up a list of device drivers to download.hope this helps, and all else fails, you can buy a cheap usb card reader. Matter of fact i have one in my garage if you want it. Ill even send it to you.lol
lol ythe more i think about it, i think its the adapter piece i have to put it thata broke.. because the mem card works in the camera

1 - 15 of 15 Posts