Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well before you get the wrong idea, when i was in school almost a year ago i got ratted out by a guy who got in trouble for somthing im unsure of and he told a police officer that i had a pot plant in my closest.

im facing a manufacturing felony, poss. felony, and maintaining a dwelling felony. i got evicted from a nice apartment and had to leave school becuase if they were to find out i got arrested, i got expelled, so instead i just postponed my education and am awaiting what will happen in court, it has taken months and hopefully will be ended soon.

ive taken drug assesment classes, saw a shrink, got letters of recomendation from high up people in my church ( i am a christian, pentecostal actually, i dont find anything wrong with marijuana and consider it a shame that alcohol and other more harmful drug sales are pushed everyday but god forbid people can have any grass) and iv taken clean drug tests, hopefully all of this will help the judge see this as a first timers mistake, im planning on being a convicted felon, i just would prefer not to be in prison, even for a weekend.

and what really sucks, if i would have moved to go to school in teh state i wanted, i wouldnt have anything except a misdemeanor.

sorry for ranting, some of you wont understand and see me as a drug addict, the rest of you will see this the way i do becuase we have smoked pot, and relize if done in moderation, is a great stress releiver and can help with many peoples lives

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
here anything under a OZ is a mis. but if you want to do something illegal you have to be prepared for the con. when you get caught. not downing you at all I use to do it to till I got a job that drug tests

·
Registered
613 Posts
well, make sure when you go to court that you state that it was for personal use and not for distrubution!! this is why you never tell anyone about anything that could get you in trouble unless you have known that person for a very long time!!! good luck.:angel:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no i didnt have any weed at all except a blunt on the table, they weighed the whole plant, purple erckle f1, and it weighed an oz and a half barely, i had it in the closet, all organic, and just started to bud.

there was maybe a gram of buds on the plant all together, i wish i woulda realized the consequences were more serious then i guessed. i just dont like the idea of trying to find a drug dealer in a city that your new to.

·
Courage
3,052 Posts
Sounds like a bad situation to get into. I agree that it should not be illegal but it is so in the meantime, if you can't do the time don't do the crime, lol. Good luck, I hope you get off easy. It's a damn shame that the law wastes the time and resources to mess with these silly charges but they do because it's an easy way to generate revenue. It's a sad and corrupt system, you just gotta avoid it.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Damn man that sucks I kind know what ur goin through in high school I took the rap for one of my good friends she had about a quarter of weed some pills (each pill w/o a script is a felony)and a 20oz bottle of vodka on her some bitch told on her then I found out told my girl I got rid of her shit then said im the one that had it. I knew I was goin to get off a lot easier then her cuz it wasn't the first time I've been in trouble in school and and I was close with the admins at my school plus some local cops in the end i got oss for 9days and got some conmunity service lol. Sometimes u might think all hell is goin to break loose but then it doesn't. If I were u I would just sit back and see what happens man u can't really do anything, its to bad u aint got anybody in the inside that's what always saved my but lol g/l

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
intensive said:
i dont find anything wrong with marijuana and consider it a shame that alcohol and other more harmful drug sales are pushed everyday but god forbid people can have any grass)
:thumbsup:

·
RateMyPitbull.com Moderator
4,389 Posts
If you've never been in trouble before, you'll probably just get probation. (But that can be a b**ch to pull if you can't lay off the weed. Pots probably the most harmless drug there is, but it stays in your system longer than anything. So, if they offer you probation, my advice is only take it if you know that you can stop, because you're just going to end up doing your time in the long run.

When I saw manufacturing charge, I was thinking like methamphetamine. How is a plant considered anything more than possession?

Do you have a lawyer?

I used to love to smoke weed. The last time I smoked it I got so paranoid I couldn't stand it. It had been years since I smoked a joint, and I hated the feeling. But back in the day... :cheers:

I know more people that do one type of drug or another than people that don't. 80% of the people I know that don't use illegal drugs are prescribed something.

Just hang in there and be more choosy about who you hang out with. I think it sucks that people can get into trouble and then tell on someone else to get out of it. I mean, honestly, have some dignity.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the support guys, i lost all of my friends becuase of this, everybodys worried about getting cuaght also and i moved 40 mins away.

now its just me and my girl, shes been there from the begining and is trying to help me with everything. without her id be alot more messed up rightnow

luckily i got a great lawyer but im pleading guilty, i dont want any other people saying they saw me sell or anything. it only happened occasionally but for now i dont have a intent to distribute charge and i think thats the one that bites you the hardest.

i actually quite smoken the next day, which was extremely hard lol, but i kno i want to be responsible, if anything, so i dont have to spend time away from my dogs and my family. i dunno, im ready to move after all this court junk is over with and im looking into humboldt county in norcal, maybe even ojai- i love sunshine and i bet my dogs would love the nature walks and layed back area!

my first appearence in superior court since it got indicted (damnt) is ina week or so, so hopefully ill know my fate in 2 months or so.

i would never manufactur meth btw lol, im completely against most all other drugs becuase of there toll on close friends.

·
Windbag Extrodinaire.
3,303 Posts
If you don't have much of a record I would plead no contest. The worst will prolly be probation....JMHO

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I dont like weed,and in general dont keep the company of stoners...Heres the thing,even if your plant had under a gram,you can still get busted for cultivation,or growing with intent to sell,thats a lot of [email protected]# i believe.....
and for the record how is weed less harmfull than a adult beverage?really now..............

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
cane76 said:
for the record how is weed less harmfull than a adult beverage?really now..............
How many stoned drivers you seen kill people and cause major or event minor accidents? How many people you see with cancer from pot? You know anyone at all that has a medical condition due to pot? Have you heard of anyone suffering from and type of life threatening condition due to pot?

I have several family members that are elderly that use pot for pain and for there nerves rather than get hooked on pharmaceutical drugs.

The worst thing I see pot due is raise the grocery bill due to munches.

Yes of course with every drug even caffeine there are bad effects it does to your body, but none as bad as alcohol, cigarettes or even a lot of prescription drugs.

Pot is also a better from of a drug to help with depression with out all the horrible side effects .

Wow I kinda sound like a hippy lol

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
In many cases pot causes deppresion,makes a individual less sharp mentaly,definetly makes the individual a less carefull or safe driver,
one weed cigerate has more cancer causing agents than a regular cigerate..
It makes people apethetic,zone out on video games and othe b.s......
Causes c.o.p.d contributes to lung cancer,and makes individuals make poor desisions in general,I believe it should be legall,but lets get real,its no miricale drug and when your off it your a sharper more on point individual,that cant be argued..............

·
Courage
3,052 Posts
Pot is not harmless. At the very least you can end up like the OP in a lot of trouble that will follow you forever. I know people who beleive they cannot live without it and that is a disgusting thing to see. ALL chemicals are harmful to humans whether physically or mentally and let's be honest, who has physical or mental health to spare?

Smokey Joe - I totally agree with you. I don't think I know one person who is not addicted to some type of drug, illegal or prescribed. People are sick...

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
It really doesn't matter what we THINK! We should look at it the way the law looks at it, by the facts! Its no different than any other illegal activity such as say dogfighting, wheather you agree with it or not its still ILLEGAL. So the fact is you were growing it, you knew the risk and now you have to man up to whatever comes your way. Being your first conviction they will probablly go easier on you, just depends on the judge but I have always been the kind of guy that feels if you Knew it was wrong, you understood the risk and consequences, now you got caught so you need to be willing to pay the price. Its like gambling, dont play with what you dont want to lose.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I look at it this way pot is a herb nothing added to it by humans in order for it to get you high it grows in the ground for crying out loud....... Humans didn't make it like we have made every other drug so hell why not use it........ Hell look at the Indians they smoked their peace pipes and servived some crazy crap plus I believe in god and all that so if he put it here we have all rights to use it............... But I told you before if your gonna do something illegal you have to be willing to suffer the consequences sorry it's a sad world we live in but you knew better when you did it..............

·
Registered
613 Posts
look everyone is addicted to something. i have a very addictive personality!!
i love my wife, my dogs, my beer, gambling, and that other thing, but the only thing that i have around me now is my wife, my dogs and my beer, all the other stuff almost left me living under a bridge.

·
RateMyPitbull.com Moderator
4,389 Posts
This is a poem that was written on the side of a slide on the playground I used to play on when I was a kid:

Man made beer.
God made pot.
God is perfect.
Man is not.
Who do you trust?

I do have to say that just because it grows in the ground doesn't necessarily mean we have the right to it. God always made poisonous plant and animals. We wouldn't mess with those just because they were created by God and common in nature.

Pot is a drug. If used correctly, I think it can be beneficial to some people. But, like all drugs, it can be abused.

I've never known anyone actually physically addicted to marijuana. I think it's more a psychological thing.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
smokey_joe said:
I've never known anyone actually physically addicted to marijuana...
HAHAHAHAHA, that reminds me of what my dad told me once. He said, "I knew a guy that I worked with, and he told me, "Marijuana isn't addictive...hell, I've been smoking it for 20 years, and I'm not addicted" hahahahaha.

I think it all depends on the individual. I know someone that says that if he doesn't smoke after a 12 hour period, he becomes an a-hole. And yet he functions and works his 8 hour job for 40 hours a week, and that job that I met him at was about 7 years ago, and he still hasn't gotten fired.

It's the same with alcohol, a friend of mine said he wasn't an alcoholic because he took care of his responsibilities, and wasn't out on the streets, then I asked him how many beers does he drink, and he said, ONLY a 6 pack a day... hmmmm, I thought they say that anything passed 2 is considered an alcoholic? and then you add the 'daily' part to it?

I guess I'm going off topic, huh. Hey man, just hang in there, and like stated before, plead "no contest" it sounds better, and hope they take it easy on you. Keep good manners, posture, a nice tie, and don't forget to say 'sir', judges like that crap, hahahahaha.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts