Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
LOLZ
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I really wanna get Savannah started pulling, or some other sport that would help her burn of energy, and give me something to do with her. The only problem is, since I broke my leg in August and still am not able to walk, I had to move in with my Mom. So I can't very well build a sled or anything of that sort to pull her here, plus without being able to walk, it's hard to do much on crutches, lol.

My question is, is there anyone in Indiana that does this kind of stuff with there dogs, that would be willing to hangout a few times a month and help me work with my dog? I know it's kind of a big question, but everyone here seems super cool, so I figured I'd ask! lol

Thanks,
Wingman

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm from Indiana, but I've never done any of the pulling stuff so I probably wouldn't be that much help :-/ I'm not sure how to go about any of it. Paislee's only four months though so not sure when I should start her on certain things. I guess I need to start reading some more threads soon!

·
NO TROLL PASSIN
3,801 Posts
There are plenty of threads on how to start weight pulling even in a pup .... you wouldn't work a pup as you would an older dog but you could start by just having them adjust to a harness and an empty milk container, or can so they get use to the noise behind them ....... I think I'm not mistaken by this lol .... but if I come across the threads I'll post the links ....

·
Registered
204 Posts
There are plenty of threads on how to start weight pulling even in a pup .... you wouldn't work a pup as you would an older dog but you could start by just having them adjust to a harness and an empty milk container, or can so they get use to the noise behind them ....... I think I'm not mistaken by this lol .... but if I come across the threads I'll post the links ....
Thanks for the info! :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Check Irondog.biz. They list the training sites for Irondog - which includes wt pull. Not sure which part of Indianna you are in { I'm in Chicago and run to indianna every 2 wks for smokes} but they might be able to give you an idea of the training clubs around the midwest. Really cool guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts