Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd ask in the car forums but they act like I'm dumb or something... so thought I'd see if there is a mechanic around here... LOL

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
^^ what he said^^ .. i know a little

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay... sooo there is a rattle under my car... I've ruled out anything that has to do with the cv axles or the ball joints... and I can feel it under my foot and the gas pedal... We've zipped tied everything that could be rattling with no luck... it's only getting worse... I have no idea what it could be, but it doesn't feel like something is just loose. It rattles most of the time unless I'm on the highway.... any suggestions? because me and my fiance are stumped.

·
Registered
816 Posts
is it constant or does it vary with speed? example from 5-30mph it rattles but 35-50 no and then 55 to 70 yes? if its ONLY on certain speeds then its a tire balance issue.

how are your brakes??? have you inspected the front???

does the steering wheel shake at all?

suspension next, if you bounce each front corner does the car go down and up once or does it keep bouncing around???

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's usually at lower speed... I guess I need to get two more new tires.. I just rotated my new ones to the front and my older ones to the back... my breaks are new. It rattles up until I'm going like 50. it's usually when I hit a little of a bump.. it doesn't even have to be a bump where it should rattle. IDK what you mean by steering wheel shaking, because it does shake a little in reverse due to a loose trans mount.... which will be getting fixed asap. but that only happens when in reverse. don't think it should have to do with the on going rattle...

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
does it sound like tin on metal rattling?? heat shield around the catalytic converter came loose most likely..

·
Registered
816 Posts
its hard to diagnose a car without hearing it..... but look at the front end suspension/tires..... its 90% either of the 2

(steering wheel shaking is indicative of mis alignment and improper tire balance) thats why i was asking.....diagnosing is a process of elimination if u cant hear the sound and its hard to guess over the internet. lol

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
have anyway to record the sound?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Makes sort of a clunk clunk clunk wobbling sound.... wheel barrings look alright. I'll try to record it, but honestly don't think I can when I'm driving if you could even hear it... *sigh* it is the most annoying sound

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
Makes sort of a clunk clunk clunk wobbling sound.... wheel barrings look alright. I'll try to record it, but honestly don't think I can when I'm driving if you could even hear it... *sigh* it is the most annoying sound
when u say wheel bearing look alright.. what are you looking at? jack the car up.. grab the tire on the each side and see if it wobbles.. not turning, see if there is any movement back and forth

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did u listen to that video? Last time we did that test there was no movement. By I guess we should check again... its The most annoying thing ever

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
well if thats how you checked it and it was good then nevermind.. i just saw, "it looked fine" thinking you looked at it and came to the conclusion it was ok..
back to the drawing board..

could be a loose strut.. when did you notice the sound? anything happen prior to noticing it?

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
i'm a mod on a Honda forum.. i'll post the vid and see if anyone can pinpoint the sound

1 - 20 of 43 Posts