Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Getting ready to deploy in a few months and my wife doesnt want to keep my baby boy Bentley while I'm gone. Its not that she hates him just has 2 small kids and 2 small dogs besides him. If anyone is in the Las Vegas, NV area and would be willing to Foster him while I'm gone i would be willing to pay. Please PM or reply to the thread if you know of anyone/any charites that would be willing.

Also these are his update pics of young Bentley

4-6 weeks

Now - 6 Months

·
Registered
51 Posts
I know in my area they got all kinds of boarding places for dogs. Some offer discount prices for longer stays. I think there is also a place that offer discounts for soldier's pets. I'm not sure on your area though so I hope someone on here can help you soon.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. Yeah ive looked into boarding and it would be in the thousands of dollars i was hoping i could find someone with a free spot in there home that maybe doesnt want a new pet but would be willing to help till i got back. Thanks again for the idea.

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Do you have a family member or close friend you can trust to keep your pup for you while you're gone? I'm curious as to why your wife will keep the other two dogs while you're gone, but not your pup. He's going to be displaced while you're deployed, as it is, and to put him somewhere else is only going to make it more difficult for him. I wish you the best of luck in finding a loving place for your boy while you're gone, and hope you make it back home safely as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its mainly because she is going to be moving in with her parents and they wont allow the Pit bull in there home. My father-inlaw was attacked by two Pitbulls and his 2 Boxers were badly hurt so now he wont allow the breed at his house. The 2 pits that attacked him were improperly trained running wild in the country in North Carolina and the owners were taken to court muliple times for not controlling them. But i cannot change his mind

·
Rather be hunting/fishing
401 Posts
Semper FI! I wish you many good shots and clear lines of sight! Come home safely.

Contact any large breed or pitbull groups to see if they have a foster. I will also talk with my wife, though I am not in the area. If she says ok, its a flight, and if you dont mind paying food and vets bills. I could manage. Though I will warn you, I have a rescue pup, that is "pit type" and I will crate rotate them while we aren't around.

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Its mainly because she is going to be moving in with her parents and they wont allow the Pit bull in there home. My father-inlaw was attacked by two Pitbulls and his 2 Boxers were badly hurt so now he wont allow the breed at his house. The 2 pits that attacked him were improperly trained running wild in the country in North Carolina and the owners were taken to court muliple times for not controlling them. But i cannot change his mind
Okay, that's understandable. I'm sorry for your FIL's experience in the past, and maybe one day you can change his mind. It's tough dealing with the prejudice and stereotype that follows this breed, and we can't change everyone's thoughts, but it's worth a shot.

Vilebeast, that's very kind of you to offer to help out! I hope everything works out for the best.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vilebeast thanks for the offer I PM'd you.

And yeah i was hoping i could change his mind but the attacks happened within the last year and he is still paying th vet bills so the wound is still open. I have opened alot of peoples eyes in las vegas about the breed with him being so sweet and gentle. yet showing he's the boss haha. hopefully i can find someone near/close to vegas that i could take him to as Las Vegas wont let me put him under an airplane as checked baggage due to Heat restrictions and pet safety.

·
Rather be hunting/fishing
401 Posts
I am going to this bully event this weekend. I will ask the rescue groups there if they can point you in the right direction. Stupid heat, i didn't even think about that and its hot in FL.

Will your command send out an email to see if anyone can watch him? If memory serves your deployments are 3-6months? The reason why I ask this, and this guy and I "shared" a bully type we rotated on different deployments, and my command would watch him while we were in transition. Or try a local am vet chapter. my post here in FL does doggy daycare.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My command does not do anything like that. That is a great thing. Yes our deployments are 4-6 months. And i have done the same thing as you and your friend. I watched his animals while he was gone and vice versa. I am still asking around my shop to see but with us being a CSAR squadron we rotate out frequently so there is nothing to say they guy i leave him with wont be over there with me in 2 months. Then he's stuck finding a place for my pup.Thanks for asking the questions that was my first intent on here was hoping someone had any knowledge of some charities that might help the military so we dont have to get rid of our loved ones.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Oh man that is so sad :( I have a friend in that area who takes in fosters all the time. Let me contact her and see if she's got a spot open for him. I wish you the best of luck. It would be so heartbreaking to be faced with this choice :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts