Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to take Faith to the vet because she had gotten an infection in a sore near her ear. It had swollen up and had been draining. I let her out for a potty break and she broke open an abcess (sp) and it was bleeding. They put a couple of drains in and a cone on her head.

Does anyone know of another way, other than the cone, to keep her from breaking that open again? She is constantly scratching at that cone. Or she's knocking stuff over. She can't be left outside because she tries to get the cone off by dragging it along the fence.

She looks like she's depressed. Usually she tries to get me up around 8am but the last couple of days all she does is lay there and wag her tail when she hears me moving around. I would really like a way for her to have that cone off but also keep her from getting that infected.

·
Super Moderator
4,618 Posts
There are soft cones that can be used if you are monitoring her. Just can't leave her alone with it or she'll scratch it to shredds.
You can try a kong inflatable ring too. Not sure how high up the abscese is. But it may work.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The abscess is almost completely healed. There is one spot that is still draining a little and that is where they had put one of the drains. I only let her out when there is someone out there with her. Just caught her trying to get the cone off of her head. I just hate that she can't be outside on her tether. She loves to lay out in the sun.

·
Super Moderator
4,618 Posts
Poor girl. :(
Just a little longer and she'll be back to recharging her solar batteries.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
inflate a cones SUCK just stick with the cone of shame

1 - 6 of 6 Posts