Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Theres a bunch of different treats lined up on the shelves of petstores, and I was wondering if you guys know some good ones that contain good stuff, lower in price would be nice.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
I go through crazy amount of treats per week since I have 8 working dogs I work during the week. The best, cheapest treats that work great are cheap hot dogs. There is no reason to spend a bunch on treats when a pack of hot dogs work the best. You only need one to one and a half hot dog per training session. Cut it long ways once then flip it a quarter turn and cut long ways again so you have 4 long strips. Then dice them into small pieces, the dogs only need a taste of the treats for training they do not need a huge treat. When you go to the pet store and look at the treats they are way too big and just add extra calories that are not needed. You also do not want a crunchy treat you want something soft that can be eaten easily. If it is crunchy they have to drop the head to eat it and it can fall out of the mouth. You also want something that is a super treat the dogs go nuts for and I have not found any store treat that beats a hot dog in a doggie taste test ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts