Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again, just came across a picture of these tri colored umm am bullies im guessing? And they are really nicely colored to me i have grown to like this specific color tri. Was just wondering does anyone know ppl breeding them? Are they am bully tris?
ImageUploadedByPG Free1388345512.722835.jpg

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Not that I know of. I mean any reputable breeder doesn't breed for color alone, and if you're looking for a good dog, you shouldn't be making your decision based solely on color. Yes, color can play a factor, but shouldn't be the driving force behind which dog you get. I'm sure you could find them if you search for any breeder, but the temperament and purpose of the dog should be your first concerns.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would obv look into pedigrees but id be getting the dog for the sole purpose of being a dog to workout with me when i run just like my other dogs. I'm not into competitions with dogs or shows. Just to have the dog and give it a good home bc i love dogs.

·
Banned
5,496 Posts
Hoarding bull breeds "because you like dogs" is not a reason to own a bull breed dog. In generap they dnt like other dogs and arent a "pack" breed...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im not hoarding, all my dogs get along with eachother idk why loving dogs and having multiple dogs is a bad thing. All you guys here are obv on some other level with doing what u do with them. I love these dogs and was only asking a simple question, i dont "hoard" dogs. Let get love and plenty of exercise with me and my family and all get along great. So that's all

·
Banned
5,496 Posts
Im not gonna argue with a noob about 100 years of breeding for dog aggression and gameness cuz it will fall on deaf ears and arguments that hold no water. I for one dont believe in owning animals just to own them. I also wouldn't place a pup with a multiple dog home who thinks all dogs get along great with eachother and if they dont u musta been a bad owner...

Werent u also the one that was just looking for a "xl pit"? You need to do way more research before you comsoder adding a dog just for the sake of owning one...

I also feel if you aren't a breeder, shower, or do real sports with your dogs theres no reason to have multiple dogs. Thats hoarding.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats fine have all the opinions you want about me dude i honestly could care less about what ppl want to think about me. If you can't offer any help other then you own preferences then thanks anyways

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Point blank, the purpose of this site is to educate, not help people find dogs/puppies or link them up with breeders. We are here for the preservation of the breed, not to help create more unwanted pups that will end up in shelters, rescues or dead because someone gets into more than they can handle. I'm sorry if you're not getting the answers you're looking for. Perhaps, you're not asking the right questions.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All i was asking was whether ppl new what they were exactly and if anyone knew who may have them. I do not wish for ppl to post their opinions on my or my dog ownership on this thread or any other thread unless i ask please. Nor is it a debate as to who should have a dog or how many a person should or can own bc that sounds like political bs to me so lets leave all that out!

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Im not hoarding, all my dogs get along with eachother idk why loving dogs and having multiple dogs is a bad thing. All you guys here are obv on some other level with doing what u do with them. I love these dogs and was only asking a simple question, i dont "hoard" dogs. Let get love and plenty of exercise with me and my family and all get along great. So that's all

What exactly are you insinuating here? We do not fight our dogs, so what "other level" do you think we're on?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As far as not asking the right questions i was pretty direct. I asked if anyone knows if they are am bullies or not. And if not what were they. Also if anyone knew where to get one. That is as direct as i can be for the questions.

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Forget it ill just go look on my own was just seeing if ppl on here knew.

:hammer: Of course we know, but we don't support BYBs (Back Yard Breeders=not reputable, breeding for money/color or something other than the preservation of the breed), so you won't get the answer you want from any of us here. In other words, we're not going to point you in the direction of a "breeder" of this caliber.

·
Banned
5,496 Posts
Sorry shouldve posted links to 5 breeders selling crap dogs for 5k a piece bcuz "they tris yo".... one day its an "xl pit" you want, the next your blue "razors edge gotti pit" is turning black, now you want a tri just to own 1....

Please please please read and educate yourself about what you have now before you add more to the mix. Im not being a dick im trying to help... you aint ready or knowledgeable for or on what you gpt u dnt need any lore just to have them. Thats how dogs end up in shelters, thats how my and everyone elses dogs come at risk bcuz of bsl laws...

·
scratchin hard
2,147 Posts
Hey buddy i get what u r saying...you want a dog to workout with.. But these ppl on here the ones with knowkedge anyway.

They hear it ever day;some one got a what they think is a apbt and it didnt work out so now its in a world of poop because of the owner..

No one that has half a brain breeds true apbt's for color..

True apbt fall out of their moms but with what god give'm..

Now that being said,some of the show folks will say i kept trying till i got the color or the shape or the build...

Real dogfolks know and take what they get..because they know the history and their line....these dogs i speak of dont do well with other dogs after a certain time the lord put on their clock...if you cant understand that then you donot need or deserve a real apbt... If you have already made up your mind then dont xpect these folks to condone what they dont agree with!!
Breeding for color is one of the biggest reason this fine breed of animal is in the shape it is..
It's saddening to some of us that have been with the apbt's since childhood.. So if you dont want passion from the ones you ask your questions i would suggest you ask someone in some other breed....beagles are color matched aussy shep... German sheps.
Blu tick **** hounds...
Theres a whole gambit of dogs out there that will suit you...but a real apbt will not and is not the one...plz dont contribute to the problem we has apbt lovers face..the fact that everyday a dog hits the ground being called a apbt and it's so far from one it's a shame...but they can make alil money. so it goes around in circles

Hope it works out for you and best wishes...

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
I apologize, I missed the last question in your initial post here. I honestly don't know what they are, as you have no pedigree to link to them. We cannot tell just by looking at a dog what breed they are. Again, we're not going to point you in the direction of someone who breeds solely for a specific color or coat pattern.

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Welder, the site says I gotta spread the love before I can rep ya on that one. Very nice way to put it.

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
Joey what everyone is trying to say is a true American pit bull terrier is not for everybody. I should be the #1 example. I too, like you, thought I'd be able to have multiples with this breed and that they'll all get along and we'll all live happily ever after but unfortunately it's NOTHING like that at all. You'd think the older a dog gets the easier it gets but I'm finding it the opposite. When you finally get a real APBT you will find that 1 dog for a newbie, is more then enough. You got lucky with the two you currently have. If you happen to get a real deal APBT and he does turn out to be DA are you prepared for that being you have two other dogs at your house? Is it fair to those dogs who were already there? Anyone on here will tell you, I wanted a bandog one day, something else an other day but truth is, my hands are already full. Maybe down the line when I have more experience but it would be way too much on my plate to handle. Nobody is being mean to you. They are being honest. They told me the same thing when I was on my bandog kick. And guess what? They were all right. Listen to what they have to say, they do know what are talking about.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts