Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my dogs on Taste Of The Wild, Pacific Stream for the past 10 months, shortly after I adopted Bert. He seemed to deal with itchy skin and after reading here, some said it could be from a chicken allergy, so I switched him. He been fine with the Taste Of The Wild until now.

He's recently started to itch and shake his ears alot. I've checked them and they look fine. He also has been having some loose stools off and on. Even had an accident in the house the other night. :( Despite this he is acting fine and is his usual self.

I'm not sure if this is food related, but I was thinking of switching him over to a lamb and rice formula. I've read it could help with digestive issues and allergies. The Canidae looks to be a good food.

Has anyone had their dog on a food and then all of a sudden have it not be working for your dog?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sometimes dogs can develop allergies from being on the same type of food, especially if showing allergies in the past.
I alternate between multiple protein sources of the same food brand in order to avoid allergy development. My dogs rotate on the brands Acana and Orijen where we buy a different protein each and every time.
I'd say Canidae is a step up from Taste of the Wild but still on the lower spectrum of hollistic foods. It also has pumpkin in it to help with digestion.
Go onto dogfoodadvisor.com and do some research on foods.
However your dog could also have contact or seasonal allergies that flare up, so it would be a good idea to think about allergy testing if it keeps occurring. Try food, but then talk to a vet if it happens again.

-Christine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've used nutro ultra. They have mixed berry, pumpkin seeds beet juice and other ingredients along with a mixture of chicken and salaam all in one food. My dogs love it and is easy on there stomach. I switched my new puppy to it the day we got get and she never even had any lose stools from the switch. They do have a couple different kinds to choose from but I just use the regular nutro ultra.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update

Berts been on the new dog food for about a week now. Took abuy 4 days mixing the Canidae in with his old food.

He's doing really well. Less itchy and nice firm poop. Who knew I'd be excited about poop and checking it after he goes. Haha

Thanks for the replies. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts