Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have used it and still do...I have a link on my site that you can order it. It is kinda expensive however your dogs hardly ever get sick, their coat shines, they really get good muscle definintion while taking these vitamins. Honestly, all I can think of it good nothing bad fro Nu-Vet.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
It's over priced and over pushed by the bully people. It’s vitamins so it can't hurt but I question how much it helps. No vitamin is going to add muscle mass or definition. Muscle mass and definition come from genetic and good old fashion conditioning.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
i use nuvet plus for the immune support. as a young puppy Peanut had demodex. it seems to keep him healthy and we have not has no flareups and hes not been sick

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, thank you! it says something about muscle mass, is that just bc it has amino acids in it?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol! im not talkin about freakish gains that only come from roids, just like wut we would get from protein and amino acids..

·
Registered
60 Posts
lol! im not talkin about freakish gains that only come from roids, just like wut we would get from protein and amino acids..
Yes...it does help with their muscle mass. I have used it and it works. However with anything you have to work your dogs out as well. Your right no huge gain like roids lol which would be insane to give a dog, but it does help some.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
i dont think muscle mass but maybe muscle definition. Peanut had some definition long before i started working him. i think that is due to it containing argnine.
if you want to really get definition workout the dog and quaility food

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
i really like them and wont stop giving them to peanut because he has done really well on them but i started them because the immune support. shiny coat extra energy muscle and overall healthy dog make me happy owner and happy nuvet customer.

just look at the pictures above of Peanut you can see his shine

·
Registered
224 Posts
i used it for my pups from the time they were 3 months old to 12 months after that i would stop it and start giving raw 2 times a week and got better results. i am using the nuvet on a pregnant dog now though for the development of the pups.

i love the pic of peanut with the savanna monitor just starring at him!

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
cool!! thanks guys, ima have to get some then! doesnt sound like it could be bad!
Marshjo, if you're buying Nuvet for your dog to gain muscle mass and get muscle definition you'll be wasting your money. The only ingredient that could possibly increase muscle mass is the Amino Acids. I haven't seen where they even list the amount of Amino Acid in their product. To get any possible benefit from Amino Acids they must be taken immediately after exercise. If you're buy Nuvet as nutrition supplement to boost your dogs weak immune system then ok. At roughly $0.65 per day per dog your money would be better spent on a high quality feed. The only supplements I use are Flax Seed and Plain Yogurt.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I agree with Elvisfink, it's overpriced and over pushed. If you were using for pregnant dogs or for immune support, that's fine. A quality diet with homemade supplements such as eggs,yogurt, olive oil (shiny coats) and cottage cheese is usually all we use. Lots of exercise, conditioning and strength training is what needed to build muscle and give definition to them. There is the stuff I had been thinking about adding as a suppliment during working season (heavy working) called Vertex. If your dog is undergoing an intensive workout, it may be worth looking into. It seems to be much cheaper than NuVet and does basically the same thing but probably higher amino acid content. Here's the link if anybody wants to check it out...lot of info on thier products unlike NuVet. Welcome to K9 Performance Nutrition - Vertex

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
there are higher amounts of amino acids in my dogs kibble then there are in his nuvet vitamins.

i tried to go raw but Peanut's system freaks out major bubbleguts. i am just sticking to evo.

a huge part in that your dog is gonna look like is the dam and sire...if they are stacked chances are good your dogs genetics will predispose him to having muscle naturally and if it does take advantage of it and work em.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Yes...it does help with their muscle mass. I have used it and it works. However with anything you have to work your dogs out as well. Your right no huge gain like roids lol which would be insane to give a dog, but it does help some.
I just check out your website Southern Born and Bred Pit Bull Kennel and on your supplement page you state "BULK UP YOUR DOGS'" and you're suggesting NuVet. What in NuVet will add muscle mass to a dog. I'm very curious because I like a well conditioned dog and people like Marshjo who are looking to add mass to his dog would find this very informative. I've never had anyone explain how NuVet would do this.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts