Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at drive and bite building tugs while I was ordering my dogs things and came across a toy called the Robit puppy toy. It looked interesting enough to buy to see how the pup takes to it. Has anyone else here had experience with that toy at all?
If so, how did it hold up for you?

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
If its the one I am thinking of, it might hurt the pup if he attacks it, lol. Is it a plastic robot looking dog? My pup would try to tear that up super fast, the plastic is real hard and has tons of little pieces, so I don't know how I would feel about a puppy playing with it. Mine is good if I tell him to drop, but if your dog isn't the best listener he may eat some plastic. If that's not it post the link :)

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Do you have a link?
Yes, here is the link for you Lisa
SCHUTZHUND DOG BITE IMPROVEMENT TUGS - DogEquipment.com

If its the one I am thinking of, it might hurt the pup if he attacks it, lol. Is it a plastic robot looking dog? My pup would try to tear that up super fast, the plastic is real hard and has tons of little pieces, so I don't know how I would feel about a puppy playing with it. Mine is good if I tell him to drop, but if your dog isn't the best listener he may eat some plastic. If that's not it post the link :)
Ames, your not even in the same book here. lol It is a schutzhund bite toy. I'd NEVER give my dogs a toy not meant for them.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
LMAO that is why I asked you to post a link. I looked it up and thought how does a plastic dog robot help for Schutzhund! lol I was on the same page as Ames!

Looks great to put on the end of a flirt pole till just after the puppy is done teething, once they are about 7 months you need to start using something like a tug to get them ready to bite the sleeve. I stopped using fluffy soft stuff with my pups they had a hard time going on to a sleeve so I just use leather on the flirt pole then move to a tug then to a ball on a rope.

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
LOL! Sorry, that was my bad..it never crossed my mind to post the link to the object in question. Lisa, that is exactly why I got it :) for the flirtpole and I got everything you suggested (even the elite working dog ball w/handle) and a lot of other things I would need then and now. So we are pretty much set. All I need is to buy a bag and a few other things like newer travel crates and little things for or sessions while we are there.

Now it is just a waiting game for the wee one to hit 4 months.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
hahaha so sorry, I was so confused. thanks for posting the link and setting me straight lol

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, that is when we do flirt here too. :) I am really looking forward to doing this finally! it truely feels nice to know I can finally do stuff with my dogs and not hear the word 'NO' or the broken promises presented to me.. glad that nightmare I had to endure is over with

1 - 9 of 9 Posts