Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
2,377 Posts
There is an Irish Staffordshire Bull Terrier which depending who you speak to is either an SBT infused with APBT blood or a taller, more athletic SBT with a very similar appearance to an APBT. Then there are those with APBTs who sell them as Irish Staffies because as mama's boy says, they are illegal. Confusion reigns.

· Premium Member
2,377 Posts
In England and Ireland is BSL.
Yep, that's why they do this.

There is an Irish Staffordshire Bull Terrier which depending who you speak to is either an SBT infused with APBT blood or a taller, more athletic SBT with a very similar appearance to an APBT. Then there are those with APBTs who sell them as Irish Staffies because as mama's boy says, they are illegal. Confusion reigns.

· Registered
419 Posts
My vet knows Jaz is an A.P.B.T, but for legal reasons she is registered on the vets records as an Irish staff.
I was also praised by my vet a few weeks ago after I collected Jaz from the vets as she has now been spayed and had an identity chip injected in, She said that it's good to know there are responsible owners.

· Registered
600 Posts
If you go and talk to anyone over there the only people who call them that are il informed or people that own them.
Any other well informed person call hoax on them and it can actualy turn into a pretty heated debate, a good exmple of what is classed as one just looks like an apbt, i have seen an adba style dog that was the same blue colour that is so popular with the bullies.

Pretty stupid realy there are a load of morons crossing amstaffs here with staffords should we call and sell them as an "Australian Staff"?

· Registered
419 Posts
If you go and talk to anyone over there the only people who call them that are il informed or people that own them.
Any other well informed person call hoax on them and it can actualy turn into a pretty heated debate
The Irish Staffordshire Bull Terrier is not a registered breed, it is often used as another name for pitbulls and pitbull crosses so that they can bring and breed them in the uk (since pitbulls have been banned in the U.K since the early 1990's).
It's basically a legal loophole over here in the U.K and Ireland, which the authorities are starting to clamp down on.

· Registered
419 Posts
:goodpost: I agree with you Junkyard. I'm sure between your's and my explanasions and facts, those who aren't in the know can understand the term "irish staffy".

:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.