Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My dogs mother is a purebred apbt with colby, eli, bolio, and bullet bloodlines. The father is registered under apbt also but no sure bloodline.
The 1st pic is a picture of my dog
The 2nd pic is the mother's pedigree
The last pic is the picture of the mother.. R.i.P cricket
I do not have a picture of the father
The brother is about 70 pounds hes the largest of the litter the mother was 35

This is Daisy My dog
View attachment 11444

Cricket's pedigree
View attachment 11445

Cricket the mother
View attachment 11446

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
ticking huh// :) rofl

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
lol.. its called Merle and is in no way shape or form an APBT trait

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ticking is not the same thing as merle..... Ticking is a commen apbt trait merle is a color in the fur ticking is a color on the skin

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
got any puppy pics?

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This came off of a website.

Pictures of Ticking in Dogs

Ticking and merle are not the same! We've included it under the merle heading because they are so often confused.

What is Ticking?

Ticking is a pattern of small spots found only in the white parts of the dog's coat. Think of the white as putting a cloth over the dog. Ticking is like cutting holes in the cloth to let the base color (whatever that may be) show through.

Solid color dogs (with no white) can carry ticking. However, you won't be able to see it, since ticking is only visible in white trim areas.

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
was Daisy solid white as a pup w/ just the black on her face? or did she have these spots as a pup?

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
this is what i've read.. the reason i ask about her as a pup

The biggest clue is to look at the dog as a newborn. Ticking is not present at birth, and develops gradually, as the pups grow (which is why Dalmatian pups are born white). Color appearing in the white of a pup's coat is more likely to be ticking than merling
Merle should be visible when the pup is born, even though it usually darkens as the dog matures

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
If you know both parents are registered and you are taking those papers as truth, than why are you even questioning it? Its apparent you have doubts.. License breeder does not equal trustworthy, legit, ethical, etc. All it means is they have acquired a license.

Ticking? Ticking appears in the first week of life: typical breeds are the Dalmation (swswTT) & the ACD (sp/swTT). The "ticking" or rather salt-and-pepper background on harls that is less prefered to a pure white base coat is not likely caused by the ticking allele.

Ticking in the APBT... has only the recessive allele (t) at this locus which in the homozygous recessive (tt) allows no ticking. The dark ticking that we see in this breed is determined on the Locus A series by the dominant (As) allele, not on the Locus T Pair. In some breeds this is known as a sable. In the APBT, traditionally this coloring is called black or brown ticked. There are modifier polygenes that control the location and extent of the black ticking in the breed. The dominant (T) allele at this locus causes the tiny flecks of pigmented hair in otherwise non pigmented (or white) areas. The T allele is typical in breeds such as the English setter and many of the hound breeds.

Ticking like what your pup has, i've only seen ONCE in an APBT.. Its a safe assumption that if that is how the sire appeared, he was in fact a mutt.. Papers or not.

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
this is Daisy's sister Spiderpig.. merle or ticking? my cousin called her merle.. she's apbt/amstaff btw

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
this is Daisy's sister Spiderpig.. merle or ticking? my cousin called her merle.. she's apbt/amstaff btw

Thats not merle, merle is like your CLDs, Harlequin Danes, etc..

Merle..

That would, in fact be ticking as the picture above THOUGH not something you typically find heavy on these hounds.. Not in "pure" forums anyway..

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Either way.. You have a mutt.. You don't know the genetics behind the sire, the sire is unknown which doesn't equal "purebred". "50-50", etc.. I can find you countless of non APBTs registered as such, doesn't make it true... And again, function and ability over appearance.. If she doesn't have drive (NOT the same as hyper or energy) and doesn't have a will to work.. Just another "Pet Bull", generic "Bulldog" or just a mutt.. However you want to dice it..

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
well i know she isnt dalmation this boy said she looked to have gotti in her and i kinda believe it bcuz her brother has a huge head shape like the ambully shape but her dad looked like a amstaff apbt mix

1 - 20 of 30 Posts