Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My dogs parents are registered under apbt. My dog isnt registered. People have been telling me my dog looks to be apbt amstaff mix what do yall think,
Her bloodlines on her moms side which i know is purebred apbt are
Colby
eli
bolio
and bullet View attachment 11442

Im not sure about the dad's side i just know his papers say apbt not sure about the bloodline

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
whats the dads side? would have to know that as well.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
she is no Dalmation LOOK AT THAT HEAD. she doesnt even have dalmation in her.. Her mother is purebred apbt
Without knowing the sire its impossible to tell.. APBT's are a working hounds therefore are not bred for appearance first and foremost rather ability, function, etc..

Personally she looks like any ole shelter "Pit Bull" where the parents are unknown..

Point is, an unknown is an unknown.. You may know for certain with the dam is however without knowing the sire, all you know is half the story therefore its best to just say you have a mix or mutt.. It seems "mutt" people frown upon, for some unknown reason.. So just call your dog a mix.. Because that is being honest since you DONT know what the sire is.. Even if it was an "APBT x AST", thats still a mix/mutt as they are two separate breeds..

The fact your questioning it alone, should tell you what you need to know.. Also, i may point out that unless you went through a "real" breeder who breeds these dogs for purpose and function, you really can't trust what the parents are registered as.. Often breeds are mislabeled, even under registry forum.. Its a business just as all businesses, are wrong in many ways..

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Isn't this your third thread asking about your dogs breed?? Seriously! You keep saying the mom is Apbt but the father is a mystery. I already stated that ticking in an Apbt isn't pure and for someone to correct me if I'm wrong. Bullies can have ticking from what I've seen such as the gotti bloodline. What's the big deal in finding out what she is? Are you breeding her? Did you want to show her? If she's a pet love her for what she is and who cares if she's a mix. She's cute but does resemble a dalmatian / pit bull mix that i've seen :)

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
I know both parents were registered as apbt.
and she is not dalmation i know alot of pits with ticking like her's
If you know both parents are registered and you are taking those papers as truth, than why are you even questioning it? Its apparent you have doubts.. License breeder does not equal trustworthy, legit, ethical, etc. All it means is they have acquired a license.

Ticking? Ticking appears in the first week of life: typical breeds are the Dalmation (swswTT) & the ACD (sp/swTT). The "ticking" or rather salt-and-pepper background on harls that is less prefered to a pure white base coat is not likely caused by the ticking allele.

Ticking in the APBT... has only the recessive allele (t) at this locus which in the homozygous recessive (tt) allows no ticking. The dark ticking that we see in this breed is determined on the Locus A series by the dominant (As) allele, not on the Locus T Pair. In some breeds this is known as a sable. In the APBT, traditionally this coloring is called black or brown ticked. There are modifier polygenes that control the location and extent of the black ticking in the breed. The dominant (T) allele at this locus causes the tiny flecks of pigmented hair in otherwise non pigmented (or white) areas. The T allele is typical in breeds such as the English setter and many of the hound breeds.

Ticking like what your pup has, i've only seen ONCE in an APBT.. Its a safe assumption that if that is how the sire appeared, he was in fact a mutt.. Papers or not.

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The mother has alot of ticked dogs in her background when the pups were born they did call paula poland the breeder of the mother and made sure she didnt have dalmation and it was confirmed that tons of dogs in her yard had the ticking. The dad didnt have the ticking the mother had some but you couldnt rlly see it since she was black

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I think its safe to say your dog is scattered bred. And thanks Km for clarification on ticking in the Apbt. That's what I was saying all along in her other two threads.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Your dog is a mutt. Pitterstaff or otherwise. The father has UKC papers. Most UKC dogs are AmStaffs or bullies. Your dog is a MUTT. Get over it. It shouldn't offend you so badly. One of mine is a mutt. There's nothing wrong with that.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Your dog is a mutt. Pitterstaff or otherwise. The father has UKC papers. Most UKC dogs are AmStaffs or bullies. Your dog is a MUTT. Get over it. It shouldn't offend you so badly. One of mine is a mutt. There's nothing wrong with that.
Unless you have proof the dog is a mutt you have no idea what you are talking about.

There are papered mutts and unpapered purebreds and unless you know a specific dogs lineage you have no idea how the dog is bred and have nothing other than YOUR Opinion to speak on.:stick:

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
wait, I thought any dog with unknown heritage that can be traced by records (registered or handwritten peds) from both parents or comes from one unpapered dogs and is the pup is also not papered, is a considered mutt for generalization purposes. Or if one parent is unknown, as this one appears, its considered a mutt? What do you mean proof a dog is a mutt. Proving I have a mutt is like telling me to prove I have an AmStaff. What am I missing lol

·
Registered
117 Posts
It says both parents are registered but she doesn't have the papers for her dog and does not know what the bloodlines are in the father. Dad has papers she just doesn't know his ped.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
the only thing with that is alot of people say parents are papered but they just "chose" not to register the litter which is BS its super cheap to register a litter. Alot of times parents arent registered but they say they are to sell the pups act like your getting a steal of a deal getting a pure bred dog cheap cause they chose not to register. Seeing as she knows the moms side you can atleast say part APBT or cross or something but without physically seeing a ped of some sort for the dad it will be anyones guess. SO I wouldnt call the dog pure until I seen proof.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
It says both parents are registered but she doesn't have the papers for her dog and does not know what the bloodlines are in the father. Dad has papers she just doesn't know his ped.
what says both parents are registered? Who is it? She doesn't physically have the papers because she never got them, or she has "lost" them?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts