Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

In doing ongoing APBT research since adopting Penny, I came across a pretty scary issue. Apparently, it's possible for our dogs (and people!) to be shocked or electrocuted on the street. It sounds like a complex issue so I am looking more into it since I wouldn't want anything to happen to Penny while we're out, but I want to share the info here as well in case any of you have ever experienced this "contact voltage" but mainly to make you aware so everyone can be careful when they're out walking their dogs!

CVIC | CONTACT VOLTAGE INFORMATION CENTER

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
ok, note to self.. dont let the dogs pee on any poles

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
ugh so scary! I hear about this a lot in the winter. Some of the old Intersections with light boxes on the ground and or what and get soaked and sit in the snow cause some puddles to be filled. A person actually died in the last year or two so they are finally reinforcing them. Dogs it was not as much of an issue but as soon as a human life was lost who had a family that could sue, it gets corrected. Oh well, I'm just glad something is being done. I still avoid them though in the rain and snow...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts