Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well apparently I upset someone on here without trying to, I came here for advice, not to feel like a bad dog owner when I really am not. And I posted under the wrong thread, again sorry, just posted what came to mind and should have posted my own thread, I didn't mean to take over or anything, again lesson learned. And for the record I am only feeding what was suggested by my vet for he told me to keep feeding him what the breeder started him on for a couple weeks and then gradually move off of it. I planned on putting him on blue buffalo. Yes purina is not the best but this purina one smart blend stuff is not the worst either so I wasn't trying to sound like it was the best thing ever, just not the worst. I have been around dogs for a long time, but still have a lot to learn. I am here for that but think that there are nicer ways to tell people their mistakes or I could just be over emotional right now. I just want to apologize for not knowing my way around the forum, for I am new here, please be patient with me for I'm not trying to be stupid or rude because I really am neither.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
hey dont worry! totally not that serious (and I have no clue what you are talking about, I have just read this post, lol and have not read all the threads yet so I have no clue who said what) I am just going to comment, Purina is crap. Sorry. Its like feeding you kid McDonald's every day. you would not expect your kid, or you for that matter, to be in overall healthy state for their life by just eating McDonald's please watch this movie if you don't believe me

Vets don't know everything, and neither do any of us. BUT there are tons of people who have spent years researching different things, and we have a good group of people who I view as "experts" in certain things (they might not think they are, lol) The association of vets, not the real name I cant think of it right now, lol) have just decided people who feed RAW are making their dogs unhealthy. With tons of research and stats completely differing from that "expert Vet" opinion. All conferences and practices are usually given freebies and sponsors from pet food companies. I would not trust them especially when there are many dogs who are so improved by eating the way nature originally intended them to eat.

Now in regards to price. Taste of the Wild has a grain free that is very reasonably priced. Maybe look into that? Its cheaper than Blue Buffalo. Welcome by the way. We get the same questions weekly and sometimes daily, so I am going that they were not trying to be rude, but just give you a heads up, FYI type of thing.

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
If ur talking about me, u were far from upseting me. I just thought I would both answer ur questions and send u a friendly reminder that its not polite to thread jack. But im glad that u started ur own thread. Like Ames said anything made by Purina is crap. Look at the ingredient list, isn't corn in the top 5 items? If not the first one? BB Wilderness is good food, so is TotW that's what I feed. Although next bag I will be switching to Acana (better ingredients and no recalls).

Again I wasn't tryin to be mean, just short and sweet. But having thick skin is part of being a responsible pit bull owner :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you and ya looking back on it I think I read it wrong, I think I am overreacting from the horrible day I had. It just sounded kind of mean, which sometimes things sound a lot different in text than they were meant to be. Bottom line I know it's not the best for him and I have been researching different foods. Thank you for the advice on the food, I will look into it.

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
Thank you and ya looking back on it I think I read it wrong, I think I am overreacting from the horrible day I had. It just sounded kind of mean, which sometimes things sound a lot different in text than they were meant to be. Bottom line I know it's not the best for him and I have been researching different foods. Thank you for the advice on the food, I will look into it.

No problem :) I know what u mean about text words being different than spoken words. No biggie. Im sorry u had a bad day and I. Glad that u r looking into better foods. I think that will help ur pup greatly :thumbsup:

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
hey dont worry! totally not that serious (and I have no clue what you are talking about, I have just read this post, lol and have not read all the threads yet so I have no clue who said what) I am just going to comment, Purina is crap.

Now in regards to price. Taste of the Wild has a grain free that is very reasonably priced. Maybe look into that? Its cheaper than Blue Buffalo. Welcome by the way. We get the same questions weekly and sometimes daily, so I am going that they were not trying to be rude, but just give you a heads up, FYI type of thing.
Hi, welcome to GP. I, too, have no idea what you are posting about, but no worries.
http://www.gopitbull.com/general-discussion/43659-how-big-your-dog-5.html
Last page. That way u know what the original question was :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Just throwing this out there....the food my dogs have done the best on is Iams Lamb and rice...they have no gas, healthy skin. Yes i have tried the "higher graded" foods and point blank they sucked with my dogs lol. no i am not changing them...all 3 if them do awesome on it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well apparently I upset someone on here without trying to, I came here for advice, not to feel like a bad dog owner when I really am not. And I posted under the wrong thread, again sorry, just posted what came to mind and should have posted my own thread, I didn't mean to take over or anything, again lesson learned. And for the record I am only feeding what was suggested by my vet for he told me to keep feeding him what the breeder started him on for a couple weeks and then gradually move off of it. I planned on putting him on blue buffalo. Yes purina is not the best but this purina one smart blend stuff is not the worst either so I wasn't trying to sound like it was the best thing ever, just not the worst. I have been around dogs for a long time, but still have a lot to learn. I am here for that but think that there are nicer ways to tell people their mistakes or I could just be over emotional right now. I just want to apologize for not knowing my way around the forum, for I am new here, please be patient with me for I'm not trying to be stupid or rude because I really am neither.

look ppl can say what they want feed what works for you hell i feed diomond hi energy an have grate resouts an its cheap

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
All we can do here is offer opinions and nothing more. Its your choice to take the advice. Since tone can't be read things often get taken wrong. If you pissed someone off oh well they will live. Some of the best friendships on this forum started from someone pissing someone off.

As said above feed what works for you. I feed a retriever chow that is nothing special. Works for my dogs and I really don't care if its grain free blah blah. It works, dogs look great, poop great and are fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts