Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my adult pit marie almost 2 goes LITTERALLY EVERYWHERE with me.she has even charmed the gas station attendant so she can come into the store and sit behind the counter and gets tons of treats from them and the patrons of the place.

well the other night we were inside having a coffee and some jerky and someone walked in and she was wearing a long purple trench coat and my dog freaked out her hair stood up and she started barking very viciously, i corrected her immediately and removed her from the store instantly and not even a minute later a black guy walked up in a trench coat and she went even more insane the guy was like "is she rascist or something?" i tried to explain that she was scared but he said its just that pits are to dumb and aggressive to be nice dogs. sparked a huge arguement .

are all pits/dogs afraid of trench coats? is that normal? how can i get her over this?:rain:​

·
Registered
520 Posts
I would borrow one or if you have one lay it around where she can see it and every now and then put it on and walk by her let her see you with it on and sniff you also so she know its not a bad thing, with in time she should become use to it.

·
Banned
2,128 Posts
my boy hates lawn miowers when I try to introduce it to him he attacks. I'm still trying but he really is very determined. LOL good luck

·
Courage
3,052 Posts
I gotta be honest, a purple trench coat would set me off too.

·
The Blue Razor
968 Posts
Check this

maybe he feels they are hiding something in the coat.I would try to get one from a thrift store if you dont already have one. And just like lil bit pit karma said, leave around the house and let him smell it and get use to it.Then wear it here and there and walk past him saying his name and good boy. That way he knows its ok.hope this helps. good advice lil bit pit karma, samething i was thinking.

·
Banned
51 Posts
my dog goes crazy when he sees hats he hates them or masks ,all day halloween hes freaked out i' ve gave him hats and all but he still goes berserk when people come in the hose with a hat on

1 - 7 of 7 Posts