Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Name: Mugleston's Blue Goliath
Birthdate: Dec 26, 2000
Color: Blue
Registry: Dual registered UKC/ADBA
Weight: An incredible 142 pounds!!!!!
Height: 22 1/2 inches at the shoulders. He's not tall/lanky at all, he's just HUGE!!
Head size: A Monster 28 inches
Bloodlines: 100% Watchdog
HUGHZEE'S PRETTY BOY BLUE (Capone)WATCHDOG'S BEELZEBUBCOUTURIER'S BLUE BULLYWATCHDOG'S ZULUHUGHZEE'S BOSSY BOOHughzee's Sky BluePERSINGER'S MOLLIE BEEWATCHDOG'S RAGING BLUE SABLEMARRALES' RAGING RED BULLSPAGUE'S BUSTER BROWNLEONE'S SADIE MAEGIRLBOBBIE'S RAGING LADY MIAHCROMNE'S BULL RAGING ROLLINSSHPRD'S RAGING RED-HOT COCO

THIS IS JUST NOT AN AMERICAN PITBULL TERRIER!!!:poke:

Attachments

·
Registered
749 Posts
I'm not sure all of the dogs in their pedigrees are... dogs. :hammer:

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
cherol said:
Height: 22 1/2 inches at the shoulders. He's not tall/lanky at all, he's just HUGE!!
HUGHZEE'S PRETTY BOY BLUE (Capone)WATCHDOG'S BEELZEBUBCOUTURIER'S BLUE BULLYWATCHDOG'S ZULUHUGHZEE'S BOSSY BOOHughzee's Sky BluePERSINGER'S MOLLIE BEEWATCHDOG'S RAGING BLUE SABLEMARRALES' RAGING RED BULLSPAGUE'S BUSTER BROWNLEONE'S SADIE MAEGIRLBOBBIE'S RAGING LADY MIAHCROMNE'S BULL RAGING ROLLINSSHPRD'S RAGING RED-HOT COCO

definately looks like a happy lovable dog... but not APBT material by far... definately an american bully!!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
cherol said:
The names in the pedigree look okay but that dog looks like he's been crossbred with something else. Both my dogs are direct offspring from Chaos/Watchdog bred dogs and have pretty much the same ancestory as Goliath. My female full grown is less than half his weight. I've never before seen a Watchdog bred APBT this large and neither has anyone else. He's either a freak of nature or he's crossbred with a false/hung pedigree. Let me guess, it was the Nu-Vet vitamins this kennel promotes that made Goliath this big!! LOL

:poop:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
drsven said:
The names in the pedigree look okay but that dog looks like he's been crossbred with something else. Both my dogs are direct offspring from Chaos/Watchdog bred dogs and have pretty much the same ancestory as Goliath. My female full grown is less than half his weight. I've never before seen a Watchdog bred APBT this large and neither has anyone else. He's either a freak of nature or he's crossbred with a false/hung pedigree. Let me guess, it was the Nu-Vet vitamins this kennel promotes that made Goliath this big!! LOL

:poop:
The site does "promote" the use of Nu-Vet vitamins....Big surprise huh?
We have a dog that have quite a bit of watchdog in him and he is on the larger side of pitbull extremes to me (at about 75 lbs) but 142lbs!!!! I'm sorry but that is freaking ridiculous. I was thinking the same about either crossbred or false/hung pedigree..... The dog is both UKC and ADBA papered....I know the dog was registered probably as a pup...but would UKC or ADBA register this dog as an adult??

·
Registered
211 Posts
cherol said:
The site does "promote" the use of Nu-Vet vitamins....Big surprise huh?
We have a dog that have quite a bit of watchdog in him and he is on the larger side of pitbull extremes to me (at about 75 lbs) but 142lbs!!!! I'm sorry but that is freaking ridiculous. I was thinking the same about either crossbred or false/hung pedigree..... The dog is both UKC and ADBA papered....I know the dog was registered probably as a pup...but would UKC or ADBA register this dog as an adult??
I'm sure he's a great dog and I bet he really does look impressive in person. It just sucks to see a big name kennel advertising him as pure bred APBT when he's most likely not.

This is a direct quote from Goliath's page:

----snip----

Load up your scales & tape measures cause your not going to believe this. We should charge admission to see this freak of nature! This gentle giant is really scary looking in person (he's just so gigantic) but he is just a big lovable baby. He is not aggressive at all but is very laid back and actually a little bit lazy. He is very smart and well behaved. He has been examined by a UKC judge and is 100% correct. Massive, but correct. He has some giant rednose in his background which is where he gets his size.

----snip----

I would love to know which UKC judge said this.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not saying anything as to what kind of dog he is...He looks happy and I'm sure is a great dog......I just think that this is a great example of what should NOT be allowed to be registered as an American Pit Bull Terrier. I think that dogs like this should have their papers revoked because it is so obviously not an American Pit Bull Terrier. 142 lbs that's almost the size of a rottweiler......

Maybe he was examined by a UKC judge as a puppy... LOL

·
Registered
749 Posts
cherol said:
142 lbs that's almost the size of a rottweiler......
Rottweilers are no where near 142 pounds. 120 pounds would be pushing the limit for an adult, male Rottie.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GSDBulldog said:
Rottweilers are no where near 142 pounds. 120 pounds would be pushing the limit for an adult, male Rottie.
I've seen some monster rottweilers and yes they weighed that much or more. I know a kennel about 50 miles from me that regularly produces rottweilers that big.

·
Registered
211 Posts
cherol said:
I'm not saying anything as to what kind of dog he is...He looks happy and I'm sure is a great dog......I just think that this is a great example of what should NOT be allowed to be registered as an American Pit Bull Terrier. I think that dogs like this should have their papers revoked because it is so obviously not an American Pit Bull Terrier. 142 lbs that's almost the size of a rottweiler......

Maybe he was examined by a UKC judge as a puppy... LOL
I can tell you one thing for sure, Watchdog bred APBT's are not UKC registered, they are ADBA registered. Muglestons has Goliath UKC registed which means he was at least 1 year old when the UKC judge examined him for dual registry.

·
Registered
211 Posts
GSDBulldog said:
I've seen several male AKC German rottweilers that were in the 140 lb range. The dogs may have been slightly overweight but this isn't uncommon with the breed.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
drsven said:
I've seen several male AKC German rottweilers that were in the 140 lb range. The dogs may have been slightly overweight but this isn't uncommon with the breed.
The kennel that I know are AKC German Rottweilers. Their foundation dogs are all actually imported from Germany. My brother's came from them and he was a monster of a dog. He made 3 of any one of our dogs.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
drsven said:
I can tell you one thing for sure, Watchdog bred APBT's are not UKC registered, they are ADBA registered. Muglestons has Goliath UKC registed which means he was at least 1 year old when the UKC judge examined him for dual registry.
I have a APBT that has quite a bit of Watchdog in it and he's is ADBA AND UKC registered at birth not single registered.

I don't understand about how Goliath had to be single registered. If both his parents were UKC registered then they could have registered the litter UKC meaning he would have been registered UKC as a puppy.

·
Registered
508 Posts
cherol said:

hmm i dont know what his ped says but all i see is hippo bullfrog mix :hammer:

·
Registered
72 Posts
a lot of u say that he is mixed with american bulldog but how they don't even get that big usually males are normally around 125 not his size i raise them so i know how big they get 135 is the biggest i have seen.

·
Registered
508 Posts
do you raise pitbulls or american bully's because an APBT that is 125 or 135 is not truthky an APBT in my opion APBT were bred to be working dogs have great agility and speed and when your a dog weighing as much as a human being your not goign to be all that agile and fast IMO and also he can get that huge from the cross breeding american pitbulls recommended weight are 30 to 60 pounds added to 125 or 135 pounds you got a hippo IMO

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts
Until a registry steps up and says no to the almighty $$DOLLAR$$ There are going to be dogs "REGISTERED" as APBT that arent.

I should start my own registry!!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
cherol said:
I have a APBT that has quite a bit of Watchdog in it and he's is ADBA AND UKC registered at birth not single registered.

I don't understand about how Goliath had to be single registered. If both his parents were UKC registered then they could have registered the litter UKC meaning he would have been registered UKC as a puppy.
Your dog may have Watchdog ancestory but he/she is not direct offspring from a Watchdog sire/dam.
Watchdog Kennels only registered it's APBT's with the ADBA. According to Goliath's pedigree his dam is from Watchdog kennels which would make her ADBA reg. Goliath is most likely an ADBA dog that was single registered with the UKC.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
casey coutier[sp],
started the aba,american bulldog registry.that is a huge american bulldog registry,the biggest and he was,is,as involved with the ab as much as the apbt or more,just food for thought....
a performance ab weight is usually around 80/100 pounds,this is what he bred..is it possable that ab was thrown into the blood of watch dog apbts somewhere down the line,id say definetly,was it his foundation stock,only he knows....
As far as the real deal german rottie,those dogs are no more than 100 pounds for functional working class dogs.
id hate to take away any reputation of the watch dog blood lines working dogs and can not varify any info with 100% ceartinty but i can only speak what ive heard through research....
as far as muglstons dogs,they are far out of standard and over priced and 95% cross bred....

1 - 20 of 45 Posts