Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog picked up a dead bird in his mouth, is that harmful to the dog or can he handle it without getting sick?

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Did he just pick it up or did he ingest any of it?I think if he just picked it up and didn't ingest any he should be fine.My dogs have gotten a hold of some dead animal parts back in the woods behind my house before and have been fine afterwards.
I think if you just keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't start showing signs of sickness,you should be good.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
:goodpost:

as long as he didnt eat any of it he should be good..

dogs stomachs are designed for raw and rotting food HOWEVER they can still get Coch:poop:tia and Salmanela ... if they eat rotting food and aged raw poultry/fish....

·
Registered
546 Posts
Vomitting, loss of appetite, penny smell, lethargy/fatigue... but birds can also pass worms and mange to pets...so be on a watch for that as well.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
While I don't know if it's the same with birds or dogs,when my goat had coccidia he didn't have any of that.All he had was the diarrehea.His appetite was fine and he did not puke at all.
Can worms even be passed if the dog did not ingest any of the animal?

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Birds are carriers of coccidia. Keep an eye out for signs of it.
:goodpost:
Thats what I was saying.. but made a funny Coch:poop:ia! LOL pronounced~ s.. (hty) ..IA .. hahaha.. not the best speller.. :hammer:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts