Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read some places that said they're used as dog fighting paraphernalia and some counties dont allow it. Does anyone know if they're illegal in Los Angeles?

·
Registered
859 Posts
I also live in Los Angeles I don't think they're illegal but AC could give you a hard time if they found out and hassel you about it. Hopefully someone will get some info on that.

·
Original Prankster
13,927 Posts
Nope there not illegal. Flirt and spring poles are not paraphernalia they are actually great tools used for both play and conditioning dogs for show. I'm in Northern CA but I've been harassed many times by my neighbors and AC, for my spring and flirt poles. AC comes out and see's what nice playful dogs I have and they walk away laughing.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
If peta or the hsus has anything to say about it... Treadmills, Break sticks, Breeding Stands, Chains, Flirt Poles, ect are all forms of DF paraphernalia. None of these things are in fact DF paraphernalia though. They are all when used properly perfectly humane and not against the law( At least not yet). Although if law enforcement ever showed up at your house with any of these things and a pitbull in the home you bet your bottom dollars they would assume you were fighting your dogs. It's very sad the ignorance that surrounds our breed.

·
Registered
151 Posts
i live in nc and i have a homeade spring pole hanging from my tree. harness, weights flirtpoles and my dogs are always swinging on the rope and walking around my house pulling weights and climbing up trees, its like a huge jungle gym, im sure my neighbors think im crazy.. so does my wife..

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
I had an old lady stop at my house telling me I was hanging my dog, really it was just the spring pole, after a few minutes she was laughing saying "oh, he really enjoys it doesn't he" well duh.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts