Go Pitbull Forums banner

Are some of the old RE pure APBTs???

Tags
apbts pure
2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Sadie 
#1 · (Edited)
My dogs dam is UKC reg RE... She doesn't look like an American Bully though... And I was told that the older RE line is pure APBT... I know his dad was FOR SURE all APBT... His breeder supposedly still keeps hand written books so he is not papered though... I was told that he has Bolio, Dibo, Art, Kingfish in his bloodline... Well anyway I'll include pics of her & pics of my dog... I'm hoping that he doesn't have any American Bully in him because I'm not to fond of them (no offense to those who love them) but I'm a firm believer that because they are a mix of several diff breeds that you never quite know what you'll get with them... I'm pretty sure he doesn't though... His personality is pretty dead on APBT... lol

RE Dam

She's a "little" (lol) overweight here... She's about 6 or better in this pic & has arthritis so she wasn't doing much but eating and being lazy... lol

My main man(sshhhh don't tell my hubby lol)

Tried to get a stacked shot of him but he kept giving me his paw so I would throw the ball... lol

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Neither of your links are working. RE started as UKC show dog line so no they were never Game Bred true APBTS, but the first of Daves dogs where pure UKC style APBTS without other breeds mixed in ( as stated above Amstaffs were used, but that is common in UKC type dogs and not considered mixed breeding to people in that venue.). Dave took well bred dog and put the RE name on them even though he did not produce the dogs. You can tell where in the pedigrees mixing happened as in 1 generation you all of a sudden have a huge increase in size, and miss proportioned structures.

If the dogs doesn't have papers you could have very easily been lied to and unless you know some old timer very well I would never trust anyone that says they keep hand written peds. Some old doggers do for specific reasons, but people now a days trying to pull that off 9 times out of 10 are full of crap.

As for photos that will not tell you what a dog is that will tell you what a dog looks like. Having a pedigree is the only way to know how and with what your dog was bred.

If you are worried about the American Bully blood you should have bought legitimately papered dogs, as either of your dogs could be mixed with poodle for all you know. Not being rude just making the point that you will have no way of knowing if your dogs are mixed bred.

There is also nothing Wrong with the American Bully breed or mix bred dog in general, they can be just as good as a purebred dog and in many cases better as many papered dogs are bred like crap as well.

Reactions: pitbullmamanatl
#8 ·
Neither dog looks pure APBT now that the photos are showing. The female is much closer to standard than the male though. They may have blood stemmed off of UKC style dogs Both are nice looking dogs, but without papers they are just pet bulls. You can compete in some Weight Pull, Agility, and Obedience events with unpapered dogs, and if they are fixed you can get limited registration to compete with them. Otherwise you can just enjoy them as good pets. However for knowing if they are purebred you will never know for sure. They look like they definitely had some UKC show blood, but neither are looking to have actual game bred lines.
So does anybody know how I can get him into weight pulling.... Lord knows he needs something to do with himself... lol

#4 · (Edited)
The original foundation of Re was show blood crossed into APbt blood. If you consider An am staff to be a different breed as most working dog people do than the answer to your question is No they were not Apbt's. Even though the staff and the Apbt originate from the same genetics purpose is what sets them apart Apbt box dog or working dog Amstaff show dog bred for the show ring can't even put the two in the same category.

#5 ·
I can only see the last shot , looking at a picture i wouldnt think APBT he looks to thick IMO. I cant see the Dam pictures though . without having a ped though you really dont know what you have and people lie about peds when they dont have one as proof all the time so I wouldnt even trust what the sire was said to be without proof. He is nice looking though , cute dog for sure.

#6 · (Edited)
Neither dog looks pure APBT now that the photos are showing. The female is much closer to standard than the male though. They may have blood stemmed off of UKC style dogs Both are nice looking dogs, but without papers they are just pet bulls. You can compete in some Weight Pull, Agility, and Obedience events with unpapered dogs, and if they are fixed you can get limited registration to compete with them. Otherwise you can just enjoy them as good pets. However for knowing if they are purebred you will never know for sure. They look like they definitely had some UKC show blood, but neither are looking to have actual game bred lines.

#7 ·
links fixed.... The Dam is registered... She had UKC papers... She's RE but I just wasn't sure if it was true about the RE not being bully at one point... & yes he is an old school dog man FOR SURE... old as the hills damn near... lol & yes I trust him his family & mine have been friends for years... I was just curious about the RE part... really...

#10 ·
If he is neutered you can get limited registration from both the UKC and ABDA for events, and you can compete in the IWPA and APA ( I believe the APA take un papered dogs) as well with unpapered dogs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.