Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Look kinda mastiff mix to me. I would say bully.

How big are they? Anything that weighs more then 70lbs is not a pit bull.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Look kinda mastiff mix to me. I would say bully.

How big are they? Anything that weighs more then 70lbs is not a pit bull.
I just guessing but the dad weighs about 60 to 70 lbs and the mother which is the blue one weighs about 45 to 55 lbs. these dogs are not really to big. there really short tho.

·
Banned
314 Posts
The rear dog looks like it might have Neo Mastiff in it.
Look at how tail is carried. That's why they chop 'em.
They definately aren't APBT's..................

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Yeah they are Bullies, nothing wrong with that we have an awesome Bully 101 section ;) Good luck with your new pup :D

·
Banned
314 Posts
No Papers all i have to go by is there looks
Why get one then? Looks speak nothing!

I've been in debates over this on another board so don't wanna start it here.
I'll just say, if you just want a dog, get it. If you want a real dog, go to a professional breeder.
But if you get a pup from these dogs, it'll be niether a APBT(which they aren't) nor a bullie, as both sides will reject the very thought.

Reactions: Silence

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why get one then? Looks speak nothing!

I've been in debates over this on another board so don't wanna start it here.
I'll just say, if you just want a dog, get it. If you want a real dog, go to a professional breeder.
But if you get a pup from these dogs, it'll be niether a APBT(which they aren't) nor a bullie, as both sides will reject the very thought.
Im getting one cuz one is being given to me. I dont care if its a pit, bully or some type of mix i was just curious of what kind of dog it may be.

·
Banned
314 Posts
Well, if you don't care, guess it's all that matters.
Perhaps I misjudged your intent...I've just seen too many people get unknown dogs and breed more unknown dogs and think they have something, LOL.

I've heard of breed tests avilable, as some people use 'em to get a better understanding of their dogs "mentality", or traits, based on possible breeds in 'em. They send a kit and you have to get the pup/dog's saliva, and send it to a lab.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Those DNA tests are not at all accurate.

Here is a registered AKC American Staffordshire Terrier DNA test....

It is nice if you do not care what breed of dog you are getting. But your friend should not be breeding dogs PERIOD.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
they're mutts because they have no papers to prove otherwise
Thank you:goodpost:

Without a ped any dog is just that, I wish people Stop labelling everything bulky without a ped a bully.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
paper doesnt equal proof their are alot of mutts with papers from every registry but some more than others
True but it's only fair not to label it a breed unless there is some kind of proof. That's what I think I mean the news labels everything apbt and we hate it you know?

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Flame.....alls your friend is doing is being a backyard breeder by letting two unpapered and unproven dogs have puppies. Such a shame. Its just another senseless breeding due to ignorance. People like him are the ones who over run shelters with bully breeds. Sorry, just being honest. If you came here to learn anything about this breed then before you dive in head first do yourself a favor and go to a real reputable breeder while you still have a chance to.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
If they have no papers they are not Bullies. Just becasue a dog is heavy set does not make it a bully any more than a dog being lean would make it an APBT. All they are are unpapered dogs of unknown breed and both look to be a mix of more than 1 breed. They also should both be fixed and unfortunately your friend is a back yard breeder.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Im getting one cuz one is being given to me. I dont care if its a pit, bully or some type of mix i was just curious of what kind of dog it may be.
bulldog or bandog one of the two .. nothing more, nothing less...

I personally see a blue nosed whopper dog... But ya'll who know me know I spot that whopper in almost any Xl and "bully" or "ABPT" strain thats why ya'll are seeing mastiff.. cause mastiff is there..

do yourself the favor and your dog too.. just call it a bandog or a bulldog no fancy titles to have one assume they are pure bred this or that... avoid the drama surrounding "pitbull" and call a spade a spade..

Good Luck with your pup! Sure you wont be disappointed.. Dont forget to spay or neuter ;)

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
If they have no papers they are not Bullies. Just becasue a dog is heavy set does not make it a bully any more than a dog being lean would make it an APBT. All they are are unpapered dogs of unknown breed and both look to be a mix of more than 1 breed. They also should both be fixed and unfortunately your friend is a back yard breeder.
:clap::goodpost:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts