Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
5,640 Posts
Hello nitcheupascal and welcome to GoPitbull. Unfortunately, without knowing the lineage of the puppies and being able to trace their pedigree, it is impossible to be sure. Anyone who says they are can only be guessing.
They sure are good looking though.

Joe

·
Registered
17 Posts
My friends is willing to send me some dogs but I am not sure if these are pure pitbull since I can not get there to verify the parents.
The whole notion of "purebred" is not defined just by looks (although sometimes a dog can look like a particular breed), but by those registration papers and pedigree - at least as it's most commonly known. It's easy enough to deal with people that have purebred dogs that look as they are supposed to and have those registration papers along with a pedigree that shows the family -- and those are things that people find of value. Go find a breeder that provides that. It's not that hard to do if "purebred" is what you want.
That being said, there ARE plenty of dogs that aren't purebred, or ARE but don't have the known pedigree and they can be GREAT dogs. You just have to choose what's important to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts