Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JK GUYS! THIS IS MY 7 MONTH OLD PUPPY "CASHPOT"..
I HAVE A QUESTION FOR MY EXPERIENCE BREEDERS. I HAVE BEEN
THINKING OF STARTING A RAW FOOD DIET(RAW CHICKEN BREAST)
ON MY BOY BUT NOT TO SURE....ANY INFO ON THIS MATTER??
RT NOW I HAVE HIM ON EUKANUBA LG BREED AND A PROTEIN SHAKE
IN THE AM..THANKS FOR THE HELP FAM..JOEL

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Cash Pot has turned into a nice looking Bully! Little wide but nice non the less :D If you go raw you must feed more than just chicken breast. Raw has to be a complete diet which we have several threads of feeding raw here. You also have to slowly switch him to raw not just start feeding raw.

Here is our section on feeding Raw
Raw Foods - Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums

Now if your only feeding partial raw and kibble the raw doesn't have to cover everything.

As food feed he needs to come of the large breed food as he is not a large breed dog. Its likely to add excess weight that will hurt his frame.

Reactions: dixieland

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Side shots would be nice

HERE U GO DAVID I THINK CASH WAS
LIKE 5MONTHS IN THIS PIC.
SORRY ITS THE ONLY SIDE SHOT OF HIM I GOT.
THE CUTE BOY IN THE PIC IS MY 5YR OLD SON
MEN HE LOVES HIS DOG LIKE NO OTHER!! HE EVEN SLEEPS
WITH HIM...LOL

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
I can't help with the diet but like everyone has said, large breed is not what you want to feed. It can hurt him and it sounds like you want to breed this dog.

Good luck with the raw, not sure I like how small but "big" these bullies are.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cash Pot has turned into a nice looking Bully! Little wide but nice non the less :D If you go raw you must feed more than just chicken breast. Raw has to be a complete diet which we have several threads of feeding raw here. You also have to slowly switch him to raw not just start feeding raw.

Here is our section on feeding Raw
Raw Foods - Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums

Now if your only feeding partial raw and kibble the raw doesn't have to cover everything.

As food feed he needs to come of the large breed food as he is not a large breed dog. Its likely to add excess weight that will hurt his frame.
WOW THANK U SO MUCH FOR THE GREAT INFO!!! YA SOME 1 TOLD ME
TO PUT HIM ON A TOY BREED PUPPY FOOD..AND SOME RAW FOOD..
THANKS AGAIN THATS Y I LOVE THIS BOARD..OTHER BOARD DONT SHARE
INFO WITH U...:(

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
I don't think you need to go so far as toy, but a Small or Med sized breed dog food would be better than Large. I feed 1/2 raw and 1/2 kibble.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think you need to go so far as toy, but a Small or Med sized breed dog food would be better than Large. I feed 1/2 raw and 1/2 kibble.
SO 1/2 AND 1/2 SHOULD DO THE RAW IN THE AM AND KIBBLE
AT NIGHT?? CHICKEN BREAST OR THIGHS?? THANKS SO MUCH
I HATE TO BUGG..:)

·
SASSY MINX
3,473 Posts
Toy breed?? LoL sounds like a trollish site. But nah, Pitbulls are on the medium to large breed side so standard food is good.

Not that it matters now though since you're going raw

PS here's some interesting info I came across on feeding raw chicken:
http://dogs.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Dog_And_Chicken_Bones

& overall raw:
http://www.rawlearning.com/rawfaq.html

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
SO 1/2 AND 1/2 SHOULD DO THE RAW IN THE AM AND KIBBLE
AT NIGHT?? CHICKEN BREAST OR THIGHS?? THANKS SO MUCH
I HATE TO BUGG..:)
I feed it together I put the kibble in a bowl with the raw on top. Just make sure your dog isn't gorging it down if you do it that way. I only feed once a day ( except for my pup) so if you feed twice you could break it up. If you read thru the raw section of the forum it will tell you about the meats to use and what they do foa dog then make your own diet plan.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I'm not anti Bully but those styles make me. It's a coffee table with legs. He's feeding protein shakes when it needs slimfast. The obsession with how big you can get something is really getting out of hand. If you don't work him out but feed him like you do he's just gonna get fatter!
On the plus side, he's not gonna jump your fence, attack another dog or wear you down with long runs. Afterall that's not what you got him for, just for breeding his name is Cashpot:)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not anti Bully but those styles make me. It's a coffee table with legs. He's feeding protein shakes when it needs slimfast. The obsession with how big you can get something is really getting out of hand. If you don't work him out but feed him like you do he's just gonna get fatter!
On the plus side, he's not gonna jump your fence, attack another dog or wear you down with long runs. Afterall that's not what you got him for, just for breeding his name is Cashpot:)
THANKS FOR THE LOVE..:woof:

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
He has real pretty colors and sounds like an awesome pet. With that poor topline I Doubt it would be wise to breed him. I love American bullies and it sounds like he is a great pet, you feed him less he looks bloated. Plus you don't want to breed him and pass that swayed back to the pups.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Please don't make me have to sit and supervise this thread.

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
I would just feed him a good all stages food like Taste of the Wild. It's good from puppy to senior, big or small.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts