Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, so I got up and fed my animals as I always do, and Argos won't touch his food today.
I always have him go into his crate to be served, and then i tell him to eat. Today, when I tell him to eat, he just lays down, almost like he's scared?

I'm going to just pick it up and try again tonight, but I'm a little worried?

:confused:

EDIT: he went to the bathroom just fine, still wont eat.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Don't worry about it. He'll eat when he is hungry. Only leave it down for 10 minutes if he doesn't eat then pick it back up and try again later. Is he doing anything out of the ordinary?

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Not really out of the ordinary, he seems maybe tired or lazy. He would just lie down in his bed and not eat anything, then when I told him to come out, he looked like he REALLY wanted me to be happy with him, and now hes just laying next to my feet.

This is the first time he has ever not eaten a meal, that I recall.

He just lied down oh his back for me to rub his belly and I can hear his stomach making unhappy sounds.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Lua went though a 3 day phase where she didn't eat then on the forth morning she hoovered her food. Dogs can get sick like us. Unless you think he could have gotten in to something or his stomach looks bloated I wouldn't worry about it IMO.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Kangol has gone 7 whole days without eating. If I have to go out of town and leave him with my mom he refuses to eat from the time I leave until I come get him. A healthy dog will not starve itself. Just try again later tonight. Kangol will never eat during the day in the summer anyway. I think it is just too hot.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sure thing, thanks for the responses.

Judging from what I hear coming from his stomach (frequent gurgling sounds, I can feel it if I put my hand on his belly), he probably just isnt feeling very well. He is a little more lethargic than usual, but it isnt alarming.
I'll just hold onto the food and try again tonight.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Kangol has gone 7 whole days without eating. If I have to go out of town and leave him with my mom he refuses to eat from the time I leave until I come get him. A healthy dog will not starve itself. Just try again later tonight. Kangol will never eat during the day in the summer anyway. I think it is just too hot.
WOW that must have been scary!! lol Mel also doesn't eat during the day when its over 70 it seems lol...

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Sounds like your dog is feeling sick. It could just be a tummy upset or something like a blockage. Don't worry yet but be on alert for other troubling signs. Lethargic, vomiting, diarrhea, anything out of the norm. If everything is fine try offering food tonight and if he still will not eat then maybe get something really yummy like a hot dog and see if he eats that. If he does then he just is not hungry and will eat when he is ready, could be this heat with this time of year. If he does not eat it then he has loss of appetite and you might want to consider the vet. It could be a blockage or some other illness. When Siren was a puppy and skipped a meal I knew something was wrong. Then she drank some water and threw it up right away and we went to the vet. I had a feeling it was a blockage and sure enough she had to have surgery. Not eating is many times the first signs something is wrong, if accompanied by vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, then it might be worth seeing the vet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts