Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How bad would this suck!! I spend so much time telling people to leash their dogs and its illegal. imagine if it was legal!?? How can you enforce the 50k liability insurance?? ugh stupid stupid

Lawmaker Wants to Allow Unleashed Pets

Lawmaker Wants to Allow Unleashed Pets
Updated: Wednesday, 25 Jan 2012, 9:42 PM MST
Published : Wednesday, 25 Jan 2012, 9:42 PM MST

PHOENIX - Leash laws require dog owners to restrain their pet outside their home. But today a committee on government reform discussed a bill that would allow dogs to go leash free just about everywhere.

It's called Senate Bill 1065. It would make it so dogs could be on their own in neighborhoods, regardless of their homeowner's association rules.

They could even go leash free at apartment complexes and on busy streets.

"The doctors said I couldn't smile for two years cause that would rip the stitches and I couldn't go in the sun so that ruined two of my summers," says Shannon Mahoney, a victim of a dog attack.

15-year-old Shannon knows how vicious some dogs can be. She was attacked by two bulldogs four years ago.

"One dog was holding me, then the other dog had a snaggletooth and it just bit me."

The dog's owner filed bankruptcy, forcing Shannon's family to spend about $25,000 on procedures and laser treatments.

State Senator Lori Klein is trying to pass a bill allowing dogs to go leash free, as long as their owner has $50,000 in canine liability insurance to cover the costs of injuries or property damage.

Attorney Tommy Richardson represents dog attack victims. He says most people already have this coverage.

"Most people's homeowners' insurance stands in place as the insurance for the dog so the general liability of the homeowner covers the animal's actions," says Richardson.

This victim believes with or without insurance, allowing a dog to roam free isn't worth the risk.

"I don't want anyone else to go through what I went through and I think the dog should be on a leash if it's outside."

We've tried all day to contact Senator Lori Klein. She has not responded.

The attorney we spoke to says the bill is likely meant for working dogs, in more rural areas.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Freaks!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts